1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Servers

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by T-Rex, Apr 15, 2013.

1. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Hey guys, i know this is kinda way too early for the servers but i just wanted to know, who's the people going to make thier own servers

UPON RELEASED PM ME THE IP SO I CAN UPDATE YOUR IP: (DONT POST IT IN HERE PM ME!!)
    Format:
    Name of the server:
    Is it 24/7h server?:
    Players: (How many can join)
    IP:
    Whitelisted or not?:
    Mods:
    Donation:
    Extra Info:

I will update this thread if anyone of you will put their server's here :D (BETA INCLUDED)

SERVERS

Owner: Bacon
    Server: iLoveBacons
    24h: Yes
    Players: Wondering to 20~30
    IP:
    Whitelisted: Not Forced
    Mods: Yet to be Seen, but surely a Bacon Everything MOD
    Donation: Donate Bacon, get VIP
    Extra Info: It will BraconLicious :proper:

Owner:FuzzyThor
    Server: FuzzyFrontier
    24h:Yes
    Players: To be determined(30+)
    IP: sb.fuzzyfrontier.com
    Whitelisted: Not for the first few months of actual game release.
    Mods: Player security mods eg. Locked chests, anti grief.
    Donation: Paypal donators get reserved slots incase of full server. Bonus items. All donations will help keep the server alive.
    Extra Info: I already have a website created for my server. FuzzyFrontier.com

Owner: Jackedup86
    Server: ARRRVille
    Players: 30+
    IP:
    Whitelisted: Not forced
    Mods: Plan to develop my own pvp mod based on bounty hunters and pirates
    Donation: Donate thru Paypal and get a reserved spot or special items
    Extra Info: hoping to get the server up during the beta if modding API is released during beta

Owner: Katorone
    Server: laerad.net
    24h: yes
    Players: Will depend on the resources required. The server has 24GB RAM, so I guess a lot of people will be able to join.
    IP: laerad.net
    Whitelisted?: Depends on the security features of starbound. Our minecraft server is graylisted. (everybody can join and build, members get access to different worlds and more perks)
    Mods: Our community loves mods that add complexity. So expect these kinds of mods to be added in the future.
    Donation: Possible but not required. The server is guaranteed to stay online even without donations. Donating would give a few perks but nothing game breaking.
    Extra Info: The server is located in a datacenter in Germany. We currently host a small minecraft server on this dedicated server. I'll update the forum (forum.laerad.net) soon with a starbound sub section.
    IMPORTANT: Forum registrations require a valid minecraft nickname that joined our server once. If you register, please type "Starbound" in this field so I know you're not a spammer.

Owner: Laughter
    Server: Siren (Community)
    Players: Depending on interest. However, around 30 for now. (I run a Minecraft server too for anyone interested in something to do while you wait: http://gplus.to/MinecraftPlus)
    IP:
    Whitelisted: Yes, as someone who has experience running a server I find whitelists and getting to know your players helps.
    Mods: TBA
    Donation: If interested in helping out we do have a pool going for the future server, here.
    Extra Info: Currently we have around 50 members on our Minecraft server. It's very active and friendly. I am sure our Starbound server will be just as active. We do consider outselves a smaller community but active enough to make you feel like you're playing with tons of other people.

Owner: Red Siberian
    Server: Starbound.ru
    Players: TBA
    IP: server.starbound.ru
    Whitelisted: Not forced.
    Donation: Not required but possible.
    Extra Info: Mainly for russian-speaking players.

Owner: Ceder Jack
    Server: space!
    24h: yes
    Players: 10-20
    IP:
    Whitelisted: no
    Mods: not yet known
    Donation: not yet known
    Extra Info: im in spaaaaaaaace!

Owner: Ayeso
    Server: Getonmylevel.ca
    IP: zeus.getonmylevel.ca / zephyr.getonmylevel.ca
    Whitelisted: not at first.
    Mods: Depending on what comes out, most likely anti grief mods.
    Donation: Totally depends on what sort of server side mods are allowed.
    Extra Info: I currently run a minecraft server so we have a website already. http:\\www.getonmylevel.ca ,we also have a forum thread on here with more info on server location and hardware specs etc. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/getonmylevel-ca.17935/

Owner: Misterzag
    Server: Section 5 - Core Server (Name will change upon release)
    24h: Yes with a brief maintenance periodPlayers: To be tested - The server is an I7 2600K, 16GO Ram, SS Drives on a Fiber optic connection.
    IP:
    Whitelisted: It will really depend on what griefers can do to a server. We would like to have an open server but based on Minecraft and Terraria experience, this is most likely impossible. Sad isn't?
    Mods: To be confirmed
    Donation: If we really see a strong community building up, we will build a new PC dedicated to the community. Donations will be accepted!
    Extra Info: At the moment, this is our intention and hopes! In the past, we've ran a powerful Terraria server and it was a moderate success but due to griefing, we had to often roll back or re-edit the world to fix it. Although mods exist, it was a bummer to constantly fix our worlds. Starbound is offering quite an infinite amount of gameplay and adventure. The more Starbound offers, the more we will invest to take advantage of these features. When the beta comes out, we will begin building the concept of our server. Our goal is to have around 30 to 50 active members. We're not looking into becoming the next big thing unless we have sufficient backers.

Owner: ZephyrSpark
    Server: Still to be decided
    24/7: Yes. I have dedicated hardware for hosting, and it is on 24/7 minus any power outages or network inturuptions.
    Players: (How many can join) 30-50, will upgrade hardware as necessary
    IP:
    Whitelisted: Whitelisted
    Mods: None at the get go, unless there are security and protection mods to protect players buildings.
    Donation: Initially no, to keep everyone on the same footing.
    Extra Info: The server will be Roleplay-PVP ProfoundMadness and I have crafted a base storyline with 3 main factions, which will be battling each other out. Each with its own agenda and subgroups within that faction. Hopefully the extra flavor and storyline will be intriguing to keep players hooked into the roleplay.

Owner: MasterCreate66
    Server: MasterCraft
    24/7: yes
    Players: (How many can join): 20-30
    IP:
    Whitelisted: no whitelist
    Mods: Chest protect and antigrief
    Donation: Donate for items and titles. Ex: Donater
    Extra Info: I can't wait for starbound. I am planning to have my server up the day the beta comes out. I will need admins and mods, so if you join me early you have a good chance of being one.

Owner: Underbalanced
    Server: Free Universe
    24/7: Yes
    Players: Depends on game +75-100 per server
    IP:
    - Server 1: sb1.free-universe.com
    - Server 2: sb2.free-universe.com
    - Also Available at http://www.free-universe.com
    Whitelisted: Not
    Mods: (Server 1: Vanilla) (Server 2: Will be Modded)
    Donation: Will be for private Teamspeak Channels, items, titles and maybe more to come
    Extra Info: Servers will be for forming up groups of players to fight against each other, factions battling over space. If server coding allows, will be item drop on death to give risk and reward. Server is run on dedicated hardware from home. Website and Teamspeak are external. Owner is a 28 year old computer networking professional. Internet speed will be plenty (150/65Mbps Fiber based in Maryland, USA)

Owner: WarStalkeR
    Server: Fight For Universe
    24/7h: Yes
    Players: 1000+
    IP: N/A
    Whitelisted: Yes
    Mods: Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra
    Donation: No
    Extra Info: Enterprise level, VPS based server with 400%~800% performance scalability. No rules at all, but PvP will be forced for sake of vengeance. At first will start with vanilla, but as modding API advances, more parts of mod will be implemented. Server will cost me $160/month, I will pay them out of my own pocket, so no donations accepted. Server will be located in London for optimal performance for everybody. Reserved slots will be assigned to people by my own preference and reasoning.

Jackedup86 likes this.
  2. Server: iLoveBacons
    Whitelisted: Not Forced

- My Idea is a server where everybody starts from 0 and we can have an Nice Community, also it will be an RaidCall group for who wants, and then several Staffs to make events, get everyone with a nice place of their own.

Join Now!

Serenity, Jonesy and trex341 like this.
  3. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

Name of the server: FuzzyFrontier
    Is it 24/7h server?:Yes
    IP: Will be released once server is ready for the public.
    Whitelisted or not?: Not for the first few months of actual game release.
    Mods: Player security mods eg. Locked chests, anti grief.
    Donation: Paypal donators get reserved slots incase of full server. Bonus items. All donations will help keep the server alive.
    Extra Info: I already have a website created for my server. FuzzyFrontier.com

4. Jackedup86

Jackedup86 Master Chief

Server: ARRRRVille
    Players: 30+Whitelisted: Not Forced
    Mods: Plan to develops my own PvP mod based on bounty hunters and pirates!
    Donations: donate thru PayPal and get a reserved spot or special items.Extra Info: hoping to get the server up and running during beta if the modding API is released during beta.

5. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Name of the server: laerad.net
    Is it 24/7h server?: yes
    Players: (How many can join): Will depend on the resources required. The server has 24GB RAM, so I guess a lot of people will be able to join.
    IP: laerad.net
    Whitelisted or not?: Depends on the security features of starbound. Our minecraft server is graylisted. (everybody can join and build, members get access to different worlds and more perks)
    Mods: Our community loves mods that add complexity. So expect these kinds of mods to be added in the future.
    Donation: Possible but not required. The server is guaranteed to stay online even without donations. Donating would give a few perks but nothing game breaking.
    Extra Info: The server is located in a datacenter in Germany. We currently host a small minecraft server on this dedicated server. I'll update the forum (forum.laerad.net) soon with a starbound sub section.

IMPORTANT: Forum registrations require a valid minecraft nickname that joined our server once. If you register, please type "Starbound" in this field so I know you're not a spammer.

6. Red Siberian

Red Siberian Void-Bound Voyager

Name of the server: Starbound.ru
    Is it 24/7h server?: Yes
    Players: TBA
    IP: server.starbound.ru
    Whitelisted or not?: Not forced.
    Donation: Not required but possible.
    Extra Info: Mainly for russian-speaking players.

7. cederjack

cederjack Pangalactic Porcupine

Name of the server: space!
    Players: (How many can join): 10-20
    IP: not yet known
    Whitelisted or not?: no
    Mods: not yet known
    Donation: not yet known
    Extra Info: im in spaaaaaaaace!

8. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

Wow how fast, also put the location, not all us live in USA, some european server will be nice :up:

9. Zair

Zair Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just as a tiny bit of advice for readability: the main post's dark blue text on grey background is exceedingly difficult to read. The blue could be quite a bit brighter.

10. Ayeso

Ayeso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Owner: Ayeso
    Server: Getonmylevel.ca
    IP: zeus.getonmylevel.ca / zephyr.getonmylevel.ca
    Whitelisted: not at first.
    Mods: Depending on what comes out, most likely anti grief mods.
    Donation: Totally depends on what sort of server side mods are allowed.
    Extra Info: I currently run a minecraft server so we have a website already. http:\\www.getonmylevel.ca ,we also have a forum thread on here with more info on server location and hardware specs etc.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/getonmylevel-ca.17935/

11. misterzag

misterzag Void-Bound Voyager

Name of the server: Section 5 - Core Server (Name will change upon release)
    Is it 24/7h server?: Yes with a brief maintenance period
    Players: To be tested - The server is an I7 2600K, 16GO Ram, SS Drives on a Fiber optic connection.
    IP: DNS (not yet purchased)
    Whitelisted or not?: It will really depend on what griefers can do to a server. We would like to have an open server but based on Minecraft and Terraria experience, this is most likely impossible. Sad isn't?
    Mods: To be confirmed
    Donation: If we really see a strong community building up, we will build a new PC dedicated to the community. Donations will be accepted!
    Extra Info: At the moment, this is our intention and hopes! In the past, we've ran a powerful Terraria server and it was a moderate success but due to griefing, we had to often roll back or re-edit the world to fix it. Although mods exist, it was a bummer to constantly fix our worlds. Starbound is offering quite an infinite amount of gameplay and adventure. The more Starbound offers, the more we will invest to take advantage of these features. When the beta comes out, we will begin building the concept of our server. Our goal is to have around 30 to 50 active members. We're not looking into becoming the next big thing unless we have sufficient backers.

12. T-Rex

UPDATED

13. plaYer2k

plaYer2k Pangalactic Porcupine

my eyes ... Q_Q

THIS .. so many times this!

using "wrong colors" is like the first thing you learn in usability tests etc ... worst choices are dark and dark or bright and brigt. So using Dark blue on gray is ... urgs. Please fix that, also the bright pink looks horrible imo :D

how about this in case you really want colors, otherwise use "fat/bold" only to highlight them :3

Owner: Bacon
    Server: iLoveBacons
    IP:
    Whitelisted:
    Not Forced

I also think that some options are lacking like:
    - Bandwith (download/upload in mbps OR MB/s which has to be unified for all servers) Honestly, this HAS to be there. a server with 8mbps / 1MB/s upload most likely wont handle 20+ players well.
    - location (timezone in UTC, country, city etc)
    - serverside character saves only [yes/no]

I like the overall idea of such a list since several people tried to organize a server already and i hope to see some good ones in here :3

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  14. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Ours (laerad.net) has a 100mbit uplink and is located in Germany.
    On minecraft, players from australia can play without much lag. Things are a bit different for players from the US.

punkypie likes this.
  15. ZephyrSpark

ZephyrSpark Big Damn Hero

Name of the server: Still to be decided
    Is it 24/7h server?: Yes. I have dedicated hardware for hosting, and it is on 24/7 minus any power outages or network inturuptions.
    Players: (How many can join) 30-50, will upgrade hardware as necessary
    IP: Will release when the server name is decided
    Whitelisted or not?: Whitelisted
    Mods: None at the get go, unless there are security and protection mods to protect players buildings.
    Donation: Initially no, to keep everyone on the same footing.
    Extra Info: The server will be Roleplay-PVP ProfoundMadness and I have crafted a base storyline with 3 main factions, which will be battling each other out. Each with its own agenda and subgroups within that faction. Hopefully the extra flavor and storyline will be intriguing to keep players hooked into the roleplay.
    Made a forum topic with all the details of the factions.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/project-ares-roleplaying-server.19790/

Zenuel likes this.
  16. T-Rex

UPDATED

17. MasterCreate66

MasterCreate66 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Name of the server: MasterCraft
    Players: (How many can join): 20-30
    IP: To be anounced....
    Whitelisted or not?: no whitelist
    Mods: Chest protect and antigrief
    Donation: Donate for items and titles. Ex: Donater
    Extra Info: I can't wait for starbound. I am planning to have my server up the day the beta comes out. I will need admins and mods, so if you join me early you have a good chance of being one.

Ps T-Rex is the best

18. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Name of the server: Free Universe
    Is it 24/7h server?: Yes
    Players: Depends on game +75-100 per server
    IP:
    - Server 1: sb1.free-universe.com
    - Server 2: sb2.free-universe.com
    - Also Available at http://www.free-universe.com
    White-listed or not?: Not
    Mods: (Server 1: Vanilla) (Server 2: Will be Modded)
    Donation: Will be for private Teamspeak Channels, items, titles and maybe more to come
    Extra Info: Servers will be for forming up groups of players to fight against each other, factions battling over space. If server coding allows, will be item drop on death to give risk and reward. Server is run on dedicated hardware from home. Website and Teamspeak are external. Owner is a 28 year old computer networking professional. Internet speed will be plenty (150/65Mbps Fiber based in Maryland, USA)

plaYer2k likes this.
  19. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Guess the thread owner has not been on to update this?

20. Owner: WarStalkeR
    Server Name: Fight For Universe
    24/7h Server: Yes
    Players: 1000+
    IP: N/A
    Whitelisted: Yes
    Mods: Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra
    Donation: No
    Extra Info: Enterprise level, VPS based server with 400%~800% performance scalability. No rules at all, but PvP will be forced for sake of vengeance. At first will start with vanilla, but as modding API advances, more parts of mod will be implemented. Server will cost me $160/month, I will pay them out of my own pocket, so no donations accepted. Server will be located in London for optimal performance for everybody. Reserved slots will be assigned to people by my own preference and reasoning.