1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Impervium worth it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cake, Apr 15, 2013.

?

Should I buy Impervium?

1. Yes

45.4%
  2. No

54.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Okay so, I am thinking of getting Impervium tier and I am pretty close to it, I am just wondering if you think if it is worth it? Like, I know supporting the developer's is great and that is what it's for, but this is two thousand dollar's and the statue thing doesn't seem THAT cool, it is amazing and all but isn't it just the same thing the people who get their name in the credit's have? Just without the statue of yourself. I know comparing two different Indie title's is really bad and all but on the FTL kick starter the person who paid 2000$ got to help make a new race. I am not telling them to change it because that wouldn't be possible and it would cheat other's who already payed for the statue out of their money, I am just wondering if you think I should buy the tier?

Luna and Leokins like this.
  2. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

If I had that kind of money to spend in a frivolous or 'fun' fashion such as this, I do not think I would spend it on Starbound. Voted no.

Nougat and Leokins like this.
  3. Ricky Rouse

Ricky Rouse Zero Gravity Genie

It's if you really, REALLY want to support the game.

I'm probably going to have to agree with you on the notion that getting a pixelated statue that does absolutely nothing but sit there and MAYBE look pretty for 2,000 US kerfluffleberries is pretty gross, but its up to you.

WoxandWarf and Leokins like this.
  4. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

i cant tell you how to spend your money its your money if it were up to me i would buy impervium how ever its not up to me as this is your money were talking about so its a deision you have to make for yourself it all just comes down to how much confidence do you have in this product

Taddl likes this.
  5. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

In short, No.

It isn't supposed to be "worth it" in itself, though. If you want to support the team in that way, do it, and you get a nice bonus for doing so.

WoxandWarf and Leokins like this.
  6. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Spend those 2k$ in 15$ or 20$ Tiers and gift those or make contest or do whatever and you can support the dev team on equal amount and can potentially make a LOT of people happy. Quite honestly i did not like that last tier much.

7. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I honestly wouldn't bother, even if I HAD the money to blow.

The fact that it exists at all almost implies they're worried about not receivin' enough financial support but I really have no doubt that this forum alone could fund it juuust fine.

And that's assumin' everyone goes Pixel-tier.

StarBound is NOT a game people are gonna hafta think about when they see what it is, in my opinion.

Leokins likes this.
  8. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you for your opinion. What would you spend $2000 on? For like something fun, not tax's/food

Leokins likes this.
  9. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

That's a really good idea! :idea:

squiddapult, WoxandWarf and Leokins like this.
  10. Shippo

Shippo Existential Complex

It depends on how much money you have/make. If 2k is nothing to you, then it's a nice way to support the developers. (though so are gifts & giveaways)

punkypie, WoxandWarf and Leokins like this.
  11. Softenik

Softenik Pangalactic Porcupine

Lulz, it isn't about "worth", it's about supporting Chucklefish.

WoxandWarf, Leokins and LastDay like this.
  12. jetsetdizzy

jetsetdizzy Big Damn Hero

Go for the weapon instead or maybe the hat, or both. They are much more interesting than a statue.

NerArth, WoxandWarf and Leokins like this.
  13. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

I know this. I would just like to get a bonus myself for it, after all two thousand dollar's isn't something I can get easily.

Beta, WoxandWarf and Leokins like this.
  14. SorasNobodyXIII

SorasNobodyXIII Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would spend 2k on this game if i had it as my way of thanking and congratulating the developers for making a fully fleshed, deep, engaging, endless, fun game that they spent a ton of time and effort on for only $15. in my eyes they deserve a LOT more for this and i would give them the 2k for being generous and kind people.
    But this is what i would do, and why i personally would get Impervium.
    With that tier you get everything the lower tiers get (except the hat and weapon design) plus the statue, i wouldn't do it for just the statue though.

punkypie and Leokins like this.
  15. Vsuchinoko

Vsuchinoko Phantasmal Quasar

As much as we support the devs, I must quaintly say no. Sure some can pay $2000, but the devs need to care for those of their players who can't donate as much, we deserve to be given even more, even paying the minimal amount.

Don't do it if you cannot afford so.if you have good suggestions, let them be known, and if the community likes it, we'd gladly push it through the devs to come true. It's not always about the money put into a product, it's the passion into the product.

NerArth, 7Tsuchinoko and Leokins like this.
  16. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

FenixR's suggestion does have some merit IMNSHO. As for myself... likely I would contemplate taking a cheap trip somewhere fun, a computer hardware upgrade or perhaps some very nice books. Hard to say really.

Anyways take your time to decide and may you be happy with your decision in the end.

Leokins likes this.
  17. Cloudpiercer

Cloudpiercer Aquatic Astronaut

If I had 2,000$ to spend on the preorder I think I would either get 2 Platinum tiers and a Solarium tier, or 2 Solarium tiers. Designing items for the game seems more interesting than having a statue of myself. A hat and weapon is something that could potentially stay with a player for their entire gameplay experience (especially the hats considering vanity slots) and the statue is something someone might put in a house, maybe, and they will see it whenever they are hanging out in that one spot.

Coonix and Leokins like this.
  18. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Unless you want to make a cult/temple with statues of you all over a nicely crafted temple :D

love doctor and Leokins like this.
  19. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Another great idea by FenixR lady's and gentlemen.

20. Cloudpiercer

Cloudpiercer Aquatic Astronaut

Whenever I make my giant mansion I will have a room with all the statues of the Impervium tier donors, I might not visit it often but I'll show a nod of respect for dropping 2,000$ bucks on a game I've been waiting over a year for.

Coonix, jetsetdizzy and Nymz like this.
  21. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

To get most of the money ( $1900 ) I sold my Xbox and all my game's with it, and my 44 inch HDTV. ( The TV was a extra, I have another one )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.