1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stretch Goal confirmed

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Somanei, Apr 14, 2013.

1. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

GUYS WERE SO CLOSE!!!!! $448,000!!!! were almost HALF WAY THERE#!$!@$#VWGEWV

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[​IMG]

2. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the next amount I'd say around.. $650,000 to 750,000?
    And.. I haven't a clue on the next item. Doubt it'd be another race though...
    Pets, Pre-set weapons or more random weapon varitations, more clothing/gear, or craftable items?

3. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Space whales sound like an excellent idea.

GrumpyMcfart likes this.
  4. Jingan

Jingan Void-Bound Voyager

Space pirates! either as a race or a NPC that can attack you on planets in certain dangerous zones (marked on the star map and located in hard areas)

5. Desolas

Desolas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Marketplace that's connected to all authenticated servers where you can put things up on an auction house. Maybe where you can see everyone else there too?

6. ianthekorean

ianthekorean Orbital Explorer

Really against the idea of an auction house, doesn't fit into this style of game.

Hard to recommend stretch goals with as little as has been released when it comes to specific gameplay aspects, but maybe some more/special biomes or weather effects? A "candy land" biome with jelly bean hail storms and gummy bear monsters; silly stuff like that could be neat. Maybe a monotone biome where everything is black and white, villages, dungeons and npcs are in a film noir style. I'm sure there's a lot of other possibilities like that, that'd make for interesting play experiences on the rare occasion you found a world with that particular biome.

7. ZamShadow

ZamShadow Aquatic Astronaut

How about steam workshop integration? I know it wouldn't be exactly easy, but from what I'm seeing, there is already a modding community eagerly awaiting the game. I'd love to see easy integration of mods, monsters, items, NPCs, quest lines, planets, and so on for this game. Think about the variety of stuff that could be made. Someone could make LV-426 and send your squad in only to find Xenomorphs and you have to try and escape. That's something that they devs may not be able to do due to copyright issues, but with mods, you can do anything.

Custom modding/creation tools would be another great stretch goal depending on how hard it would be to code/implement into the game.

Soup likes this.
  8. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

from seeing the roadmap i'd like to see them higher a team just to work on quests and AI for the races as a stretch mark, but that's just me! i think the game on it's own will be amazing.

StarshiyLeytenant and Kenwei2 like this.
  9. flamedance58

flamedance58 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More races I think or perhaps a vehicle or something?

10. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

I would also like to see a lot of meaningless quests full of thousands of lines of text to keep me busy for hours as I drool over the epic story line progression. Another idea, although they've mentioned it before, is a focus on endgame material/bosses/challenging stuff to do.

GrumpyMcfart and Autzome like this.
  11. Autzome

agreed, they made the point that the game will always be difficult but if their adding a main story line then they should map it out well.

12. HyperActive

HyperActive Star Wrangler

Perhaps adding airplanes or spacecraft that can be flown in a planets atmosphere. Doesn't necessarily need to have guns but instead be a fast form of travel across as planets surface. Although of course im not against guns on them either:lod:

13. Psychospark

Psychospark Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, besides the implant-like stuff from Dues-ex. I think it would be cool to have artificial limbs. Like, we lose our own limbs from battle or something and get an artificial one that could have bonuses like hidden small arms or a small blade or something of the sort.

Edit: spell corrections

14. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

I really loved how Legend of Mana layered their story lines. Basically there were a crap ton of different story lines. Some stories were small, some were very large, but all of them would incorporate characters and places from other story lines making it feel like everything was connected and growing as a whole. The final story line could also be unlocked without requiring you to follow any one story line and so was activated on an basis of overall participation.

The point of all this was a large focus on story telling. You like this one story? Then follow it till the end of it's story! This story is a great idea but is a bit to short? Add it anyway and just leave it on the side!

Autzome likes this.
  15. Autzome

i couldn't agree with you more! side quests fill holes, they make you feel part of the story and lets you burn some time if say, your friends are doing their main story quest alone and you have nothing to do in your main area. with the massive amount of Npcs i can only start to imagine the tip of the iceberg when it comes to quests.

16. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

I so want more races and/or character customization, honestly. I'm a sucker for that stuff. So far what we have is pretty nice, though.

Possibly a canine/vulpine race, or something along those lines. >_>

17. Biscuit Sawce

Biscuit Sawce Pangalactic Porcupine

:O New race would be cool :D

18. orb_outrider

orb_outrider Big Damn Hero

Marriage system? LOL. Would be fun to have kids. I just like the sim feeling of that. Anyway, a new race wouldn't sound so bad, except it's too predictable.

Autzome likes this.
  19. Autzome

i never though about how we would converse and feel like part of the world, this is a great suggestion.

orb_outrider likes this.
  20. orb_outrider

orb_outrider Big Damn Hero

Exactly. It brings more depth to interaction not only to the world, but probably to other players as well.