1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stretch Goal confirmed

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Somanei, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Solokeh Krontos

Solokeh Krontos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great idea. I would love a new trailer, as would gaming news sites; it makes for a good article when you have a trailer to accompany it.

KirasiN likes this.
  2. Keadin

Keadin Big Damn Hero

I personally think we have enough races, especially with the Novakids. Maybe it would be nice to add something you can enjoy without rolling a new character.

Space features come to mind, like the ability to customise your starship further, or to be able to initiate a large group construction effort like a space station in orbit around a planet of your choosing. Such a space station could tie in with the space combat the devs said they would love to do in the distant future.

Not much has been said recently on the pet system, perhaps it can be a stretch goal to guarantee its inclusion?

Or, somewhat related, allow people to build a genetics plant where you can combine different elements from different creatures you have encountered on your journeys. And perhaps do the same for plants. This way when you terraform your planet you can even control the kinds of creatures or vegetation that inhabit it, if any. You can already ultimately control the climate of a planet, so why not populate it with creatures of your choosing?

There's already so much in Starbound that I'm having a hard time thinking of anything I would like to see added. Maybe the above ideas are totally crappy and / or unworkable, but I'm a fan of customisation, so there!

3. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

Flak Cannon ftw

Rekalty and Nymz like this.
  4. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

A race of energy beings with a western aesthetic?

I think I'm in love.

Purple likes this.
  5. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

Ring worlds! :D No more than 7 per "universe" that are placed in orbit around a planet of a random system and have very powerful monsters on them protecting very powerful weapons or artefacts or something.

No, this is not a serious idea nor was it well thought out. Though I reckon it'd be cool. :p

6. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I remember a sokina's suggestion, forceball or something like that. I'm good with anything, aside from darkbound, those guys will manage to make a great mod anyway.

7. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

Breast implants.

8. Leokins

Leokins Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel like they should make this and throw it on the Pre-Order page. :DD

KirasiN likes this.
  9. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

What about a parallel dimension? Find and even create a mirror type gateway that takes the player to a "shadow world" or sorts where everything is stronger. Materials gathered from this parallel existence can be used in place of their normal counterpart and amplify the stats of whatever is being made. :D

Yeah. Another random, silly, not really serious idea. But I'm just tossing things out there.

10. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Stretch goal? Release an extra month earlier maybe :up:

11. Sandopwns

Sandopwns Big Damn Hero

I support this idea, a structured arena for PVE/PVP and pet battles would be awesome.

sky2oo7 likes this.
  12. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

The novakid was called stretch goal 1. It's pretty obvious they were planning to do other goals if they called it stretch goal 1.

13. Gandolaro

Gandolaro Industrial Terraformer

This game needs Black Holes but i have no idea on how implement them.

14. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

As for a new one goal... I'd like the stretch goal to be another race. I love your race designs so far.

The might be a bit of work though, as you have so much to add in with them.

15. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

why not a ingame vanity helmet editor?
    a little and simple editor inside the game, you can create your helmets pixel by pixel and and share your creations with friends something like:

vanity helmet 2.gif

16. Tetrisash

Tetrisash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooo, you remind me, punky. Maybe think about making this compatible with Steam's Workshop?

punkypie likes this.
  17. Thorden

Thorden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think that they should release a new trailer anyways, but not as a stretch goal... And the last one was a new race, so this one won't probably be another one. But it should be something they can implement easily, but is still original, like the Novakids...

18. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I do feel like a good trailer would pull many people in, which would allow us for a new stretch goal!

I remember the first time I saw the terraria trailer I was just like... I need to get this game NAO.

19. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Well i know the new stretch goal will be great if we can complete the stretch goal one(i know we can :D)

20. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

more developer for a sooner release and a complete polished game ;)