1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Beta on the Roadmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lusid, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Chucklefish, It would be awesome if when you guys get around to updating the Roadmap with whatever else has been completed you would also include a desired level of completion for beta. I'm obviously not asking for any type of release dates or even estimates. We are all excited to actually see first hand what kind of progress has been made. Also for those of us who enjoy using beta for it's intended purpose it gives us an opportunity to help out in more than just a financial way. It would also be nice to find out what a beta means to chucklefish. Where most companies just mean early access, that doesn't seem to be what you're wanting. But with how strongly you got your point across that you want the game to be perfect for release i have a hard time seeing anyone get access before the game is complete. So could you clear this up for us?

P.S. I hope you or someone from the dev team will answer this. I've noticed the majority of questions that actually get answers are from IRC and not these forums. That gives a bit of a sadface.

2. Radicool

Radicool Void-Bound Voyager

The beta phase would be when most of the content is added but still needs to be tweaked/combed for bugs and inconsistencies. So when the most of the roadmap hits around 90% is when the beta will hit.

3. I would not say 90%.

An BETA needs an stable Core Game, alot of things waiting to do are textures, items, monsters, etc... The Basic Core of the game is there. Alot of Games launch an BETA that is updated with time with the content left to implement and the Fixes. :)

An BETA also involves based on Suggestions and other Feedback so it's not an 90% done version of the game. Would say 80% ahah (game looks to be around 65-75%)

4. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, we'll not know till it comes out or in the unlikely event they give information. All i can do is hope they respond.

5. Roman Richter

Roman Richter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, we will wait, i hope no so long

6. Zurayda

Zurayda Aquatic Astronaut

From what ive seen when Tiy did the stream, a beta should hopefully,probably be on the cards soon...fingers crossed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.