1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed About those stretches:

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dr. Otaku-Sensei, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

Dr. Otaku-Sensei Phantasmal Quasar

I was just wondering what will happen if the stretch goals aren't reached by the end of the pre-oder perioid.
    It might not seem likely but I just want to know if the races will be implemented later on or just ignored
    completely.

2. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be stupid and unlike Tiy to exclude a feature because they didn't get enough money. These are likely milestones where he is revealing something else already planned to be in the game but was keeping secret until release.

3. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

They probably really liked the Novakid suggestion, but had no time to implement it since it would slow down development, if they reach the stretch goal Tiy said he will hire an artist to make all the assets for them. (Art, armor sets, buildings and son on)

If not, I guess it will be post-release content.

Dust likes this.
  4. Watcher

Watcher Poptop Tamer

I think the whole thing with the stretch goals is to spur people to get more money in to make the release come sooner with more content. If a stretch goal isn't reached, they'll probably add it in sometime post-release.
    I hope.

5. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

How long are the pre-orders even lasting for, anyway?
    If they are here until the release then we're fairly unlikely from not seeing this stuff in-game.

6. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

I really hope the Novakid will be post-release, because they'll only slow down the development...
    Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea... But I just want the game ASAP.

7. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

B-but the stretch goal site says clearly:

8. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Oh.... Okay... well... I MADE ANOTHER UNNECESSARY POST! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. Radicool

Radicool Void-Bound Voyager

It's pretty safe to assume the game wont come out for a long time. It's guaranteed that it'll hit the stretch goals, even in a timely manner.

10. Here's Tiy's words:
    Omni said he thinks until at least beta, but they haven't really discussed it in-depth yet.

Fleder and Dragyn like this.
  11. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

Thanks for the info!

12. Dragyn

Dragyn Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, good to know. Answered my question, and I didn't even have to start a thread for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.