1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daj

Daj Big Damn Hero

Seems like something someone would have randomly guessed ages ago...

But, yeah, that's it.

2. FiveFives

FiveFives Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sweet! well done!

3. Daj

Daj Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure it's the same set used (at least the mask) in this pic that was put out awhile back:
    [​IMG]

4. blargyblargy

blargyblargy Starship Captain

Fuck, MasterApe.

I'm not sure how you did it. But I'm proud.

5. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

1. Acquire constellations.
    2. Identify them.
    3. Take first letter of each constellation name.
    4. MasterApe

Hirumaru, Thanel and Dagorran like this.
  6. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

Well there go all my theories about the hints being obvious, and reasonable for a layman to figure out.

Hirumaru, Forever and Luci like this.
  7. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, it was obvious that it had to with the Apex. :monkey:

8. Magician Xy

Actually, since the only clue was the star constellations, it's not obvious at all. It could have been any other race.

Unless the Dr LiLi thing was related somehow... Oh! Maybe it was a red flag so we knew to look for an easter egg in the roadmap? Or something? I dunno. Hard to see how it relates, if at all.

Final comments: This one was at least a little easier than the last one - no red herrings, anyway. :p

9. blargyblargy

blargyblargy Starship Captain

Oh welp. Fuck.
    I'm still proud of you all.

I'm suppose to be an astral cartographer why can't I unto star charts.

10. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

If someone found the star constellations before any other hints, then I see where you're coming from.

But we had "Furious George" in a few of the roadmap screenshots, Apex as the selected race in the character creation progress. "Bingo Bongo" also contributed, even if it was a bug.

11. Kousaka

Kousaka Void-Bound Voyager

The MasterApe clothes colors are stuck on orange for me in chrome and firefox.

12. MoonGeek

MoonGeek Phantasmal Quasar

Whoa, I helped in finding an Easter Egg! Is it normal to feel all fuzzy? o_O

ewan91, FiveFives and Magician Xy like this.
  13. Magician Xy

I see. That's actually a good point... does this mean that we'll know the next hint is hidden when there's something released with lots of hyotls (for example)? At least then we'll have an indication of where to look instead of shooting blindly in the dark. Nice! Now I can keep an eye out.

Same here. Related to the bug from release? Or are the armors supposed to be like that?

14. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

All those other things actually had nothing to do with the clue. They were just coincidences. :p

The one you guessed was Orion was in fact Andromeda - that cluster of four you thought were a separate constellation is Andromeda's arm.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Andromeda_annotated.png

15. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

Dammit. Give me a minute, I'll fix it...

16. Magician Xy

Darnit. Back to shooting in the dark then. Now where'd I leave my hunting rifle... :V

Also, does anyone else think the Apex helmets look an awful lot like mind-control crowns? Just saying.

17. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Hmmmm, this will make it two movie references as Easter eggs. Now if we can tie 'I Found a Glitch' to perhaps a movie quote we might have a steady trend in the naming process.

18. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

Ok, I think the new armour should now be 100% deorangified. Someone who had the issue, please force a refresh and see. I also noticed the last easter egg, the avian armour (IronEagle) had the same issue in a few of the images, so fixed those, too.

19. I feel very proud for some reason! [​IMG]
    I did kinda kickstart the hunt for constellations, but the constellation I found wasn't even the right one... :badpokerface:

Also... damn you, Haruhi! As I was scrolling through the posts I missed while I was gone, I suddenly realised to look at the first letters, but you had already posted! D:<

20. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

First thing I did was look at the constellations and rip the image out, but I gave up after not being able to name a few. D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.