1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JezuzGumball

JezuzGumball Space Spelunker

I would gladly pre-pay this game in full if given the chance. A $15 pre-order sounds like a great deal.

2. MRLEMONADEZ123

MRLEMONADEZ123 Big Damn Hero

If you pre-order on the site what payment methods will you be able to use???

3. Draconano

Draconano Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been waiting for this! I am for sure pre-ordering. Maybe the pre-order could have some vanity items that wouldn't actually affect gameplay, just funny things like a unicorn helmet or something that doesn't give them an advantage over other players.

4. Fauznaut

Fauznaut Big Damn Hero

Being someone who has been following the game for a looooooooooong time, I am very anxious. The fact that it could be this close, well.
    What do you think my answer is? :rofl:

5. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

"I am not your whore! You can't do this to me! I'm sick of the promises, give me proof of your devotion!"

6. AtlasKnight

AtlasKnight Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, as long as it is PayPal - acceptable.

7. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

But having a unicorn helmet is an advantage, even if it is a vanity item, people will be blinded by its pure unicorn-ness

8. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

They should give people who preorder a huge downside, for example, their character stops to puke every few minutes.

I'd still preorder even if this was the case.

EDIT: They could puke rainbows! :D

9. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

The fact you guys are even asking and stating things like your developers are working two jobs to support themselves and Starbound's development suffers from it makes me worry that the game might take an even larger hit later on. It makes me think things are going poorly.

Honestly, if you guys need the money badly enough to start a poll on the forums, you may want to just go ahead and launch the preorder/beta whatever. The longer you wait, the longer it'll take to finish the game. Doesn't seem like there is even a question about it to me. You should just do it. I think you guys are way too open about the inner workings of your company and interact too closely with the playerbase by asking questions like this and responding to flamewars with rants about tolerance. You need to just make executive decisions especially in times of need like these that you are apparently going through. Take one look at the forums and you can see that people are foaming at the mouth for this game. It's not difficult to tell that a preorder/beta would go over well with these people and if it will help your team financially, and therefor, developmentally... then I'm not even sure why this is being asked and not simply done.

LeifGram, Anthanil, Nylas and 4 others like this.
  10. Zulanu

Zulanu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would preorder. I'll take any excuse I can to get early access, but I don't really have any demands. Terraria was one of my favorite games ever and I want more 2D building/exploration games.

11. EvilEye

EvilEye Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think a good kickstarter-y bonus would be basically "create your own planet", where you ask us to provide a short description and enough information to construct a map/world to our specifics, and assign it to a unique coord-set which you e-mail to us (which wouldn't be allowed to pop up in a random coord-set explore button thingy)

and of course, I'm not sure how many others have said the same thing

12. Thorwich

Thorwich Orbital Explorer

Show me the tiers and I will show you my wallet good sir ;)

13. Liktorn

Liktorn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to preorder this game.

14. .:FancyPants:.

.:FancyPants:. Pangalactic Porcupine

I would hope it would be exactly the opposite, where people who pre-ordered have something on their character like an item or small title telling other users that they've been around for a while.

It's posts like these that need to be the first reply to a thread, so everyone who reads the OP (as well as the devs) would see it.

Anyways;

15. NecroNugs

NecroNugs Poptop Tamer

Does an orangutan :poo: in the jungle?! This money has been yours since I was first introduced to this game!

16. Hurakano

Hurakano Orbital Explorer

I'd be like "sh*t up and take my money!" but this sounds rude!
    (well, it's still good to hear for you IMO ;) )
    Preorder? - OF COURSE!

17. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Special Character Hidden Bonus Preorder Features: Grey Hair, wrinkles/old age spots and a cane :D, heck even a wheelchair at the style of Professor Xavier from the Xmen (From the animated series of some years ago) that could jump would be fun. If you haven't caught it yet, im saying that Preorder people could create Old People as characters :D. That would be awesome.

18. Fauznaut

Fauznaut Big Damn Hero

Ummm, what? :wtf:

19. Pendragon123

Pendragon123 Big Damn Hero

the game will be all time "improve" ?;)

20. crsprn50

crsprn50 Orbital Explorer

As for a price... might 30-40% off the price when it is released sound reasonable to all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.