1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

As long as this doesn't turn out like Alien. Or Dead Island. Or Duke Nukem Forever...

2. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

I think it's important for the people who are comparing the possible Starbound pre-order to the pre-orders by the big name games to keep motive in mind: case in point Aliens Colonial Marines, purely because that video has been posted at least 3 times on these forums now.

I believe it's fair to say the motives of Tiy and the rest of chucklefish for making this game go beyond making as much money as possible. wheras segas motives, were very clearly all about the money. Unfortunately Chucklefish need more money to continue working on the game full time.

I have never pre-ordered a game up to now, but I will pre-order Starbound (planing on getting 3 copies) if Tiy goes through with making that option available, because I have faith in Chucklefish that their motives are geared a lot more towards making the game great than about making lots and lots of money.

3. Drayden150

Drayden150 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They probably wouldn't do that because they are an indie development team and if they did make it suck in the final version their reputation would be shattered and no one would buy their games especially because this is about their first game their main game. So basically doing that (like I said) would completely ruin them.

4. Ph33rSnipa

Ph33rSnipa Void-Bound Voyager

How dare you say that?
    Someone ban this dear sir for insulting us in such a way.

Sheesh.

5. Angelofchaos

Angelofchaos Orbital Explorer

I've never preordered a game but I would gladly make an exception for this one !

6. Chaosje

Chaosje Space Hobo

Sooo ... Enough positive comments,
    Why isnt this possible yet? :p

7. ilbasan9605

ilbasan9605 Yeah, You!

I'll preorder it. Also we should be able to preorder it on steam, to make things easier.

8. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

I never said I wasn't going to pre-order it as well. I simply wish to be cautious, because this is the internet. We technically don't know that chucklefish wouldn't screw us over, even though the chances of such things happening are very slim, and I would be surprised if they did. I am just saying that something like it has happened before, and could very well happen again.

I am also puzzled by your reaction. I did not mean any kind of offence by saying that rip offs have happened before, certainly none to warrant the banning of this account. I am only putting in my two cents, which is why this thread exists in the first place.

I do apologize, however, for not reading through this entire forum and realizing that TB's video has already been posted. I will remove it to decrease cluttering of this forum.

9. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I don't think this user should be banned at all to be perfectly honest. TB brings up an amazing point, let's face it most everyone here has done something stupid like that before. I pre-ordered Bulletstorm, and it was perhaps the biggest waste of money I feel I have ever made (And I've done some rather flagrant things with money in my life, I'm a young male, I've made my share of stupid money mistakes.) Then I got a job in sales, and it helped me to learn ALOT about marketing and things such as that. Which is why I didn't pre-order Guild Wars 2, and I still haven't bought it. The same with a slew of other games that have come out and everyone was raving about pre-release.

It's a running joke in our house about Starbound actually, because it's one of the few, if not only games I really fanboy over these days. And I live with 5 other gamer guys. The joke is "Regal, you know when Starbound comes out it's gonna suck right? Just look at Castle Story" My response is usually "Well if that happens, I know it'll be your fault so I'll be forced to kill you with your own computer man." I backed Castle Story on Kickstarter for over 2K, funnily enough? I still think Bulletstorm was a worse investment then Castle STory, because I believe Castle STory WILL get it's shit together and be worth the investment I made. Where as Bulletstorm will always be a painful let down.

As for Starbound? I don't mind dropping 10-40 dollars on it, because I'm 100% sure that even if the game doesn't live up to my expectations (Which are pretty fucking high to be honest.) the game will STILL be able to keep my attention for 100 hours easily. Which is worth the money in my opinion. (As opposed to the 3-4 hours I've played in Bulletstorm) That being said, I don't get as bitter as some people do over a bad pre-order, because whenever I pre-order I go into it, knowing, and expecting hte game to let me down, to be a bad game. Then I am pleasently suprised when the game is good.

TL;DR? Pre-ordering is like loaning money to someone you've never met, and hoping they pay you back. If you can't afford to lose that money completely? Don't loan it out. Starbound will be worth it, the Dev team is dedicated enough to make it worth our money. Of that I'm positive.

WhiteMousse likes this.
  10. Starwisp

Starwisp Aquatic Astronaut

I think i would pre-order it.

But one thing that i'm kinda wondering... are the system requirements equal to (or less than) or greater than those of terraria?
    I only make this comparison due to the fact that the graphical styles and general similarities between the 2 games.

WhiteMousse likes this.
  11. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

Good god, no movie is perfection! They don't show the greatest chaos to show into a movie at all, its always like this which you got like 5 different review story its goes "bad guy vs bad guy" then "good guy vs bad guy" after "wtf romance" again "screw you twillight" then 4th "boring moment that is not need" 5th" its ok, nothing hit 10/10".

12. DevonDe

DevonDe Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the review I think.

13. JamesG

JamesG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seriously, take my money already!

empxa likes this.
  14. Kistaria Prime

Kistaria Prime Cosmic Narwhal

Just sticking this back in here. Proceed.

xboy777 likes this.
  15. valenmere

valenmere Space Hobo

You should look into accepting bitcoin for pre order payment. that would make it much easier for me to get the game :)

16. Half

Half Industrial Terraformer

Really? I quite liked Bulletstorm, then again I paid very little for it, and there weren't any great FPS games out at that time. Hmmmm.

17. harleyb16

harleyb16 Poptop Tamer

Yes PLEASE! I would love to support the game and get access to beta! there should be a tier to get two beta keys at a slight discount, one for me and one for a friend :) So word about starbound would spread faster, and I would save like 5 bucks on two copies!

18. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I wouldn't have minded the game had I paid less then the 60 dollar tag it had when it first came out....It just felt that for the money they asked, it was a very very poor game.

19. Rainbow

Rainbow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guild Wars 2 is great btw. Thats been soaking up my time for the many many months ive been waiting for starbound. I reccomend it to any mmo player. But yea, pre order, gimme gimme.

20. Raabubi

Raabubi Aquatic Astronaut

I would purchase a pre-order.....why not :). Gets it out faster and to be fair, money comes money goes, might as well purchase a pre- order then too hehehehe. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.