1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budsygus

budsygus Pangalactic Porcupine

Seriously this preorder is a great idea. You've put in lots of time and effort, and this whole community has been trying to speed things up by shoving money into their computers for a long time now. Anything we can do to speed up development and release will be (and already has been) met with overwhelming support. Forget a preorder; if you decided to start your own sovereign nation everyone here would be hopping into rowboats to follow you to the middle of the ocean to help found the People's Replublic of Starboundia (PRS).

EDIT: Replublic. Re-plub-lic. Typo? Or greatest thing ever?

EDIT EDIT: Typo. Definitely typo.

2. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

for payment options i definitely recommend the humble store ive got nothing but great things to say about them folks there fast,reliable,great customer service never had an issue with them.

i love steam the guys over at valve are honest gentlemen they have never tried to wrong me ever how ever for some reason sometimes my banks antifraud department flips out claiming steam is trying to rob me when all steam ever does is try to collect the amount there legitamently due

so i can safely say going through the humble store saves me a headache
    and to those wonderful men and women at valve who will never see this i apologize that the workers at my bank are but holes

also as for preorder bonuses tiy your on the right track sound track and artbook

i like sound tracks because my favorite games as of late have just been amazing and a joy to carry around with me when away from my gaming rig

i like artbooks cause concept art is cool in 3 ways
    number 1 you can see how things might of been
    number 2 they help you get into the mind of devs
    number3its nice to have some form of lore for your favorite games

Biodude likes this.
  3. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I would buy a pre-order. Pre-orders should be available until the beta is released. My only question is, why wasn't this done sooner? Having everyone full-time starbound work is a great idea.

4. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

Tiy doesn't like the idea of taking our money without actually giving us something right away, so this has been avoided for some time. Development has taken longer than the team was probably originally planning and personal funds are running short so people are having to take on 2nd jobs to keep food on the table. If and when they do this, it will allow them to direct funds to the dev team members who are having to work 2nd jobs to hopefully get them off that, and if not, at least lessen the need for the 2nd job so that they can focus more on Starbound. I mean c'mon, let's be honest, once starbound is fully released and hits its stride, I think the team will be rewarded handsomely for their work.

Biodude likes this.
  5. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Void-Bound Voyager

Speaking as someone who never ever preorders, ever, I would preorder the sh#% out of this game. I don't even care what I get.

Biodude and TrinityMoon like this.
  6. ahamling27

ahamling27 Void-Bound Voyager

I'll throw my card in the hat for a pre-order. Especially since it's going straight to the devs to help fund the game. Now pre-orders from GameStop are a whole 'nother problem....

7. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

With the new tomb raider they had a pre-order on steam. Only if they had x pre-orders they would release some multi-player map.

8. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, and I'm one of those people that doesn't play it and has no interest in playing it.

Biodude and Stylµs like this.
  9. Anaminus

Anaminus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do want. I REALLY want to pre-order. But sadly, my only sure-shot option is steam, and what I'm mainly seeing in here is people talking for other methods with credit cards, which isn't going to be very reliable for me. Maybe with this new Early Access thing they have now, it might be easier to set up a beta for steam release.

Deathwolf66 likes this.
  10. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

that may be, but no where in here at all did tiy or other members of the team mention doing it in that manner. Tiy specifically said it would be like a kickstarter tier.

11. Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking Big Damn Hero

I would support a release on steam, as I do not usually use other payment methods except in special cases (Like Minecraft)
    I also would not be opposed to a hat on TF2 but I have no Idea how that process goes.

12. Raeden

Raeden Big Damn Hero

I would pre-order this for SURE! I also know 3 (for sure) and maybe 4 who would also!

Any method is fine. Credit card works for me the best!

13. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

Huh? I thought this was the starbound forum, did I get lost again?

14. Scarysnake

Scarysnake Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll pre-order two copies one for me one for my bro.

Kistaria Prime and asmo89 like this.
  15. NanoPaladin

NanoPaladin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am all for it myself

16. Kistaria Prime

Kistaria Prime Cosmic Narwhal

I am pretty sure more than one person has posted about this, and so I bring it to light at the end of this wonderful explosion of forum Awesomeness...

Steam has just rolled out a new feature. Something we like to call... Early Access. JUST what the Doctor Plant ordered.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Early Access/

I think this solves both Tiy's problem of how to handle preorders, and funding his team will be super easy.

Given I have at LEAST 5-6 friends chomping at the bit to play Starbound. I already mentioned previously I have intentions on buying -8- copies. And I don't joke when it comes to games. My steam library of 500 games, expansion packs, DLC, and add-ons will attest to that.

So yes, please take my shower of green... and no, my foliage is not green. *pbbt*:p

Edit: 550 games/etc, my mistake.

17. Nahyda

Nahyda Void-Bound Voyager

I love the idea !

18. mat16

mat16 Void-Bound Voyager

What a cool idea ! I will pay for an artbook in bonus and if it's come in 2013 it's okay but take your time to do the game of the year ;) (even i thinks it's already do).

19. Brynjar

Brynjar Void-Bound Voyager

TAKE MY MONEY! *Throws one dollar bill* It's... it's all I have. *cries* :cry: I put all the rest of my money into a shredder... I thought it converted the bills into pixels to buy Starbound.

P.S. I love the pre-order idea! And I'd pay much more than a dollar! :DD

20. Lelouch

Lelouch Master Chief

[​IMG]

raphY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.