1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teretenek

Teretenek Big Damn Hero

I'll buy it from whatever distribution platform you use. I'm happy to support you guys.

2. Aerasyn

Aerasyn Big Damn Hero

The fact that your even considering this makes me happy. :)

3. weefreemen

weefreemen Aquatic Astronaut

I'd buy it in a heart beat and 'force', point this awesome game out to other :)

<3

4. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

You guys are wonderfully supportive.
    <3 you so much

Canine, LastDay, harnackam and 33 others like this.
  5. Relyte

Relyte Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will definitely preorder, not just because I have faith this game's gonna be amazing but also because I would want to encourage you guys to keep up the work. I love the way you've been engaging the community with your sparse but awesome tidbits; it makes me feel invested in the game.
    One of the bonuses could be to design a prop that can go into the game: a poster, a piece of furniture, a special flower, something like that. A low-level preorder bonus could be a special armour set in the forum character creator. Perhaps design an NPC to be inserted into the game somewhere? I would go for the soundtrack in a heartbeat!
    I don't think you should pull a time out of nowhere and try to stick to it rigidly. If you can't be more accurate than 2013 then don't try to be. Obviously I'm eager to play this but I want it to be the game you want me to play and not a half-baked version of your dream.

6. Solaeis

Solaeis Void-Bound Voyager

Go go gadget credit card. Where do I let you take my money?

7. kaitosakurai198

kaitosakurai198 Aquatic Astronaut

great idea. will i be able to pre order through steam?

8. Daryl

Daryl Orbital Explorer

I very much like this idea. If you go with it, you should also name what price the game will be at release, in addition to the reduced pre-release price. I'd definitely pay at least the full release price if we're able to pay more. I'd also be interested in buying copies as gifts for others.

Of the methods you mentioned the Humble Store is my favorite, but as long as they accept VISA I don't really care.

9. Alphanos

Alphanos Orbital Explorer

I don't know much about the seller's side of online game stores. But as a purchaser, I'm a fan of the Humble Store. They're easy to use, and organize your purchases well. They have good pre-existing support for distributing Steam keys. They have a good social conscience, and I trust them. The good reputation that the Humble Bundle guys have gotten could even encourage purchases from people who don't know much about Starbound and are on the fence regarding it.

However, while there are some good potential opportunities to get advertisement and recognition through the Humble Store, don't let them convince you to put Starbound in a Humble Bundle too early. IMO, Starbound favourably competes with AAA titles. So there should be a long delay before people can snap it up for a dollar or two.

10. MaxCripple

MaxCripple Aquatic Astronaut

I would be really happy if we can pay our pre-order with PaySafe since I'm not able to buy with a creditcard (I simply don't have one). I think this is a great idea and I would gladly pre-order to support you guys! :) Take your time, and just make sure you're having fun. ^^

11. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I'm fine with however and whenever you release the game, Tiy. c:

12. Blue659

Blue659 Orbital Explorer

From everything I've seen and read about this game, I'm already sold. Guaranteed Steam key will put me on the list for a preorder, and from what I've read it sounds like that's what will happen. So as long as its not a PayPal only deal I'm on board.

The extras mentioned I'm not so concerned about. Though its something I'd consider paying for, I don't get into extras so often.

As for the 2013 release date info, that's very vague and I'd like if it were more exact. However, with a game like this i know its difficult to pinpoint a date.

In conclusion I love mostly everything I've seen about this game and am looking forward to owning it. If I can help the dev team by preordering, I will.

13. echopeus

echopeus Starship Captain

@Tiy, I've been trying to get access by throwing money at my screen but seems the service is down?... hope everything is ok, dont get lost in this pile of money. As for food on the table for your cohorts, should that be thrown at the screen too?... thanks ahead of time, here's my money
    <3 u too

14. Beak

Beak Master Chief

I think this sounds like a great idea. As long as there is a steam key at the end I'm all for it!

15. StarBoundGamer

StarBoundGamer Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome idea

16. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Whatever payment system that does not charge too much % would be good.
    I wouldn't at all mind that the pre-order wasn't more than at best a 20% discount, it's as much a "purchase" as showing my financial support of the game, if paying full price means giving devs more room to focus on the game, rather than figuring out how to pay the mortgage and such, I'm all for a full price pre-order.

17. Masasume

Masasume Title Not Found

I would love to be able to pre-order this and I know many of my friends would as well. The beta access is just a bonus. I want this game =| Please let me give you my money soon.

18. Thelostmerc

Thelostmerc Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pre-order would be awsome. A. Helps finish the game faster and pay for the funding to live and possibly even make it better. I alos think you should have donations ontop of it for like u said artwork,soundtrack,name a planet and heres a really good idea for a set fee however much you think is appropriate you can have a character of a race named after you or what you pick or maybe even create you own. Godus from 22 cans did something like that for the equivalent of 1,000 bucks n only had like 2 donaters for it but they raised so much money from other teirs.

19. deluxeloy

deluxeloy Aquatic Astronaut

I see no downsides, so I say go for it. We get to make it come out faster, we pay less, seriously why not?

20. Ketoth

Ketoth Phantasmal Quasar

i want it and shall get as high as a tier as i can afford

21. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I'm completely down for a preorder - I'd love to support you guys! Even if we don't get to play yet, I just want to help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.