Race Meet the Ossemir

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Darthkitten, Mar 18, 2013.

1. MEET THE OSSEMIR
    Ossemirlrg.png

Once upon a time, in a galaxy with a bunch of aliens that you may be familiar with...
    The Ossemir are one of the oldest races in the galaxy. Long ago, they lived and thrived in their star system,​
    collecting and studying other organisms for scientific purposes.​
    They were a happy and prosperous reptillian race, but they were slow to advance.​
    They had no reason to rush anything.​
    As they were in the construction of FTL, their radars picked up something large just outside their star system.​
    Upon closer analysis, it was discovered to be a large cluster of asteroids, and it was to pass through the Ossemir planets, wiping out all life on-board.​
    In a desperate attempt to save themselves and their planet's wildlife, an experimental cryo-chamber was invented, and a large bunker was built far below the surface of their homeworld.​
    As the final hours approached, a small number of the Ossemir shut themselves in the cryo-chambers, and the gates of the bunker was shut. The planet's wilder species were placed in a seperate bunker, apart from the Ossemir.​
    The asteroids smashed into the planet, killing all unprotected life, just as predicted.​
    The Ossemir had intended to be released a few years after the asteroids had hit the planet, and the species released manually. However, one sharp rock managed to bury itself into the bunker control mechanism, messing with the release timer, making it so that the two release times were switched.​
    After ten or so years, the species were released into the enviroment, but the Ossemir stayed frozen.​
    One million years passed.​
    One of the Ossemir's well-crafted cryo-chambers finally gave way. The Ossemir known as Mather drowsily clambered out of his chamber. He drowsily stepped into the light, and then woke up with a jolt.​
    He had seen his arms, and he could see his bones through his skin.​
    All the years of lightless solitude had removed almost all pigment from his skin, to the point of transparancy.​
    The other Ossemir were released soon afterwards.​
    The world had changed. The creatures that the Ossemir knew had evolved into beasts suited toward the new world. Dangerous beasts like lithosaurs and paviruptors roamed the new land, but that was not all.​
    The years of solitude had done more than just change the skin of the Ossemir, it had also altered their minds.​
    They started to have fits of primal violence. They would turn on each other, and bite each other to death.​
    Some did this every once in a while, and learned to control it.​
    Most fell deeper and deeper into primal rage, until their sanity was gone.​
    With a great sadness in their heart, the remaining sane Ossemir managed to finish the FTL project, and flew off into space. They must learn to adapt in the strange new world, or they will die.​
    CONCEPT ART
    Ossemirsml.png paviruptorsml.png pavfossilsml.png Lithosaursml.png cryosml.png

2. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I really like these guys, the lore explains them well, and the design is very enjoyable. Also the Lithosaur shall be enjoyable game for my Glunaughts. :megusta:

3. Lithosaurs do not actually grow crystals, their tails are actually very soft and fleshy.
    They beat their tails on piles of hoarded crystals, until they pierce the flesh and stick into the tail.

shyfulReverie and Nirn like this.
  4. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Ooo, that is a interesting approach. Are their more updates on this race to come?

5. shyfulReverie

shyfulReverie Phantasmal Quasar

Whatever has crystals, glunaughts want it, its just how we roll.

Nirn likes this.
  6. I plan to add more, I just wanted to finally put something out there.

Nirn likes this.
  7. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Cool, what will happen to the Cerpine?

You just became one of my favorites.

shyfulReverie likes this.
  8. o_O
    I can make more than one race, you know.
    They've got a whole lot of lore, and they're pretty fleshed out.
    The next thing for them is most likely a mod.

Nirn likes this.
  9. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult. I'm glad to see more of your ideas, they are always fun.

..........can they be in the same mod as the Glunaughts?

shyfulReverie likes this.
  10. I plan to make a large collection of the best race/creature mods.

Seajun_ and Nirn like this.
  11. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

OOOO, I wish you luck on your endeavor, let me know if you need any art work.
    Keep up the good work.

12. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

dood...I LOVE THIS RACE :love::love::love::love::love::love:

but really tho...few questions!
    tails? they are depicted in the concept, but none on the actual characters? I would like to see tails!
    also maybe horns? just a suggestion!
    I would play this if it was in-game....if its not added by devs maybe you should make it a mod? :DD

13. If I can get tails to work with the Cerpine, then I will add tails to this race.
    Horns are a hairstyle.

14. Zain Hallows

what are you having trouble with? tail wise I mean

15. Nothing, I just don't know if I can get tails to work in the Cerpine mod.
    I mean, It shouldn't be hard, but you never know.

16. Zain Hallows

I mean xD why wouldn't they work? its just a few pixels :3

17. Affero

Affero Contributor

Nice!! I rally like the sketches of those monsters :)

18. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

I love the story behind that race. You truly have a good imagination my friend, I wish they give credit to your creation!

19. Zain Hallows

cant you make tails like a cape? I mean the cape as an animation when you walk...so why cant a tail?

Edit:
    or you can just add the tail to the actual running animation...so yah...

20. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

11/10 Would play! [Insert joke about playing a Ghost Lizard]

Zain Hallows likes this.