Sex?

Discussion in 'Other' started by LoCoZeNoz ZUE, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

not at all, some may even have less than that (it´s still a bit inprobable thought, but not imposbile sinse a lot childrens played terraria)

Auraknight likes this.
  2. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Jake_Skuller

Jake_Skuller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, Starbound should be realistic... but this... :lod:

Leokins and Auraknight like this.
  4. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

Leokins and WoxandWarf like this.
  5. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

because it's hilarious

6. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

at the end...

Kalvuric and TTCBuilder like this.
  7. This could easily be disguised similarly to how it's done in Skyrim: (You have to be married and your lover must be in the same house for it to work) You lie on your bed, screen fades to black, and you wake up after some time with a buff entitled "Lover's Comfort". Of course this would have to be Starboundised somehow. ^^

Awesomized likes this.
  8. LoCoZeNoz ZUE

LoCoZeNoz ZUE Tentacle Wrangler

:3

I been banned for 3 days becouse of mods bitching non-stop.
    Probably il need to re register later. Becouse i am close to permban.
    Can you guys just stop reporting and accept you fate.

What have i lost?

9. LoCoZeNoz ZUE

LoCoZeNoz ZUE Tentacle Wrangler

Exactly, i am exactly 13 years old.
    I had sex, and it seems you didnt.

Thank you. But its still gonna be vanilla. I sad what is wrong in mods (as i remember)

I am tired of writing 9000 lines stuff.
    So in a nutshell: Just shut up, i hate you.

No, boobs suggestion thread looks exactly like this one. Becouse i was there.

10. wizzard

wizzard Aquatic Astronaut

I don't care what your uncle did to you in a cardboard-box, but this is a forum for 13 year olds, sexual themes are out of the question, kiddo.

11. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

This thread makes one wonder.

Does covering a sprites genitalia with pixelation actually hide anything at all?

Varixai, Qader, Zain Hallows and 23 others like this.
  12. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Hey, way to respond to someone with a legitimate complaint. Maybe it's stuff like this that gets you reported so much, don'tchathink? BTW, I hope for your partner's sake you don't live in the United States. In most states over here, your partner's committed statutory rape.

Aww look, little LoCo can't respond intelligently to a civil comment. Again, there's a reason you keep getting reported, and this is it. This is a forum; you can take your time and post intelligently on a forum. Also, unlike a chat, the statement you're replying to isn't going to get scrolled offscreen just because you decide to take a rest. If you're too tired to write a proper reply, one that isn't full of useless bile, go rest until you can.

natelovesyou makes a solid point that sex does not need to be depicted outright in this game. Starbound is supposed to be a campy space sci-fi adventure and colonization sandbox game, not hardcore pixel-pr0n.

Even from a purely mechanical standpoint, there's no reason for Starbound to get their ESRB rating jacked up to M, just so they can waste time coding a couple more sprites and animations for sex. Totally discounting the fact that it flies in the face of the game's semi-humorous tone, there's still no point why they should go through with it. It's more dev time that we're all going to have to wait through to get this game released.

I just went through that thread. You have zero posts in it. It also was started before this thread. Therefore, THIS thread looks like THAT one - it has priority in this statement due to age. Please don't correct someone unless you know that you're correct, thanks.

Urist McDwarf likes this.
  13. Waffolani

Waffolani Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm amazed....the sheer awkwardness, horror, and otherwise lunacy of this thread has managed to draw in BOTH Omni and Tiy.

*slowclap* :notworthy:

Urist McDwarf and demanrisu like this.
  14. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

So, this thread is a thing now. Welcome to the internet I guess.

@Tiy:
    I've always been of the opinion that sprites are just little blocks of colour (wavelengths of light if you really want to get into it) so I don't think they have anything to cover up. But I guess you could go deeper and pretend the characters they represent have stuff. That's borderline philosophy though, so I'll just leave it at that.

15. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Depends on how you do it. If you have a naked sprite with the clothes as a separate layer, then yes it would. Otherwise not so much.

16. Blue

Blue Former Staff

You know this thread wouldn't be as "risqué" if the Op had used the word "Reproduction" instead of sex. As his Op seems to indicate he wants to be able to mix species and races. And have kids appear. etc.
    With that simple change to the wording, this thread almost would feel legitimate. Like, when people discussed reproduction in Minecraft to get baby animals.

17. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

So is GTA...

Steam Pirate likes this.
  18. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

I once posted a picture that didn't mention that word, nor had anything else inappropriate(stickmen, the idea was in the dialogue, and the stickmen were even clothed!) and was milder than what's talked about here. And I got a warning for posting inappropriate content -__-. Makes me feel misjudged.

Either way. A game doesn't have to be purely of sexual nature to have something like this(Witcher, Fable, etc.), but I don't think it would fit in Starbound. I mean, I didn't dare play Witcher when someone could see simply for the sexual content in it. I would only play it in case I was sure there was none of that in the near horizon, because if someone would ask "What're you doing?" and see me fighting some fat old-fat-monster-lady with hanging-breasts reminiscent monsters, it could result in an awkward silence and leave me embarrassed. Even if I am over 17(Or was Witcher rated in less/more?).

In short... No. Bad idea.

19. Anris

Anris Phantasmal Quasar

You're not entirely right: reproduction is done sole for the sake of expanding the species/keeping it alive.
    Sex is done for the sake of pleasure, most likely involving contraceptive methods.
    This thread is exactly what it was intended to be....

20. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Except that, y'know, he didn't.

Plus he later clarified just what he meant:
    So... you gotta ask yourself: gonna go with what you wish he said, or what he actually did say?

I'd say the thread is exactly as risque as the OP intended (maybe even a bit less risque, come to think of it), and several times more genuinely terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.