1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

A new Starbound picture

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Darthkitten, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Leonhartd, Nirn, nababoo and 9 others like this.
  2. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep it's new. From the U.S.C.M maybe the races will have factions within them and your home will reflect that? Maybe?

3. head2

head2 Void-Bound Voyager

Cool moon-base-thingy, me likes :coffee:

4. DoomShooter

DoomShooter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, and my buildings are worse than that.

5. I like how a different lighting and wallpaper completely changes whole room's 'mood':)

6. psychotwo

psychotwo Void-Bound Voyager

quite nice, yes :)

7. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm really liking the lighting. :rofl: The blueish tint gives the rooms kinda a medical feel, as well as the furniture, but then the little bed in the corner looks more homey cause of the yellowish light. Also there's a new door. o: I wonder what it looks like when it's open.

8. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

Really cool pic. :DD

9. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

I really like the lamp with the flower! I can make underground gardens :)

Gunzier likes this.
  10. Lagoz

Lagoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

mooooonbaaaase C:

11. oblustorm

oblustorm Lucky Number 13

U.S.C.M? Wondering what that could stand for, clearly it's some form of acronym.

Nonetheless, there are the same aesthetically displeasing platforms. What appears in this picture that I haven't seen before is some sort of cosmetic analysis of a human's body and in the hotbar I found a modernly-themed gun.

Taking away the picture's grasping involvement, it's great news that Starbound has been gaining more and more popularity throughout the course of these two months despite a lacking new member count.

12. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

dat gun in the hotbar :O

i want it :C

13. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

United States of Communist Monkeys is my guess.

14. head2

head2 Void-Bound Voyager

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCM
    "United States Colonial Marines, a fictional military unit in the film Aliens"

:badpokerface:

15. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Pfft, what does wikipedia know?

16. DoomShooter

DoomShooter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I agree, the lighting is great!

17. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

The pixel person reminded me of Molly somehow. I don't even know why.

Also, maybe it IS the United States Colonial Marines, and they're actually playing around with the director tool to replicate an Alien-esque style swarm defense game. I like to think the devs have silly fun like that when they can. <3

18. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I like the chairs. Once again I see influences from other 2d games coming though.

19. Gunzier

Gunzier Star Wrangler

I like the kitchen, i really wanted to do such things in terraria, but we dont have enoght Furnitures :confused:

20. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

There a crow bar on the poster to the left. Also this may be a hint to humanities' building aesthetics but to me it's almost to similar to apex building design. also it looks like a moon/asteroid base.