Connectable Mechs.

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Azorth, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Speno1

Speno1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Connect 'em all!
    I'm pretty sure he wants the mechs to be a class of mechs, but probably won't be the first mechs you get in the game...

2. Azorth

Azorth Big Damn Hero

Yah, only certain ones could connect with each other, they would all be smaller mechs with the same speed although some might have different weapons on them

Ricola likes this.
  3. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Gotta connect em all Starbound!

Azorth likes this.
  4. Ricola

Ricola Void-Bound Voyager

Dear god, have you SEEN the beam-up animation? If this were implemented as one of the top teirs of vehicle building the mods of a server could dress up as the power rangers and fly about resolving intergalactic disputes... This just might be one of the greatest game ideas of all time... :D

Azorth likes this.
  5. Clad in Plaid

Clad in Plaid Cosmic Narwhal

I could see a clan of K'MEX riders. When they face a boss they all say "FINAL FORM" and they all connect to form one monstrosity.

Ricola and Speno1 like this.
  6. Speno1

That was mine :(

Epicface likes this.
  7. Ricola

Oh my god that would be amazing! I can imagine a PVP battle where two clans form their own fully humanoid mech and duke it out using laser eyes, shoulder missles, and finger-mounted Gatling guns! The battles collateral damage would destroy half the planet! But I have a question. What would stop someone from attaching themselves to a compatible enemy mech? Well, I suppose there could be a screen saying "are you sure? yes/no" but what would stop someone from using that screen as a distraction?

8. TheWalrusLivesInMe

TheWalrusLivesInMe Void-Bound Voyager

This would be so fun and it would be like the warthogs in Halo.

9. Speno1

How????
    Oh I see, one mans the turret and one mans the vehicle :rofl:.
    Yeah I agree.

10. Azorth

Azorth Big Damn Hero

Well in PVP they will probably have teams to stop that from happening, but if not a request might come up in chat, like a trade request in runescape if you ever played.

11. Ricola

Ahhh a chat request would make much more sense. What do you think a good cap for joined mechs would be? I think 4 is a good number for simplicities sake.

Speno1 likes this.
  12. Azorth

Azorth Big Damn Hero

Yah, I was thinking 4 or 5, probably 5 so one person can drive, and there can be four other things attached.

Speno1 likes this.
  13. Speno1

Like Skeletron Prime!

14. Azorth

Azorth Big Damn Hero

o_O The driver is going to be very dizzy.

15. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would rather choose Voltron over the Power Rangers :p

Transformers have also some cool combining Mechs.

Mechs that can be customized like in Mechwarrior would be epic.

And if you add some Gundams *hehe*...Mech Love :)

16. Kingofstarryskies

Kingofstarryskies Pangalactic Porcupine

hmmm, i like the idea of creating multiple mechs for different purposes, like you have a couple of mechs that attach to create a miner, the way it would work is one would move, one would dig, one you be the head which would scan stuff and provide light, that kind of thing. Same with others, like combat. one does the maneveurs, one can scan the creature or other mech combo or just mech, and get the info, and one could control some weapons, etc etc

17. Ricola

What about vehicles? Does it have to be all mechs or can there be at least ONE mech with helicopters, jets, and tanks attached as long as all of them have combining modules! Also, what dictates which person drives, which person mans the rail guns, Etc.?
    Could you combine several vehicles into a SUPER VEHICLE. Like combining 5 jets into a flying battleship covered in weapons!

18. Epicroyal

Epicroyal Cosmic Narwhal

So.. Transformers.. Like a man changing into a woman? Good idea!

19. Ricola

Well almost, but certainly there should be vehicles that transform into other vehicles!

20. Epicroyal

Epicroyal Cosmic Narwhal

I imagine a Hover-craft, on water it is a torpedo demon, but on land it is a Super Tank =P.