Race The Reptigorians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Salrith, Nov 28, 2012.

?

Does Starbound need a reptilian race?

1. Yes.

47.1%
  2. Of course!

29.4%
  3. I can't say no.

10.5%
  4. Stop it with the 'Yes' poll choices already, my answer is 'No!'

13.1%
  1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Very good idea for a playable race. I particularly like the science/knowledge focus of the Reptigorians. The sprites are also pretty good.

Dragrath and Salrith like this.
  2. Salrith

Salrith Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ooh! Sorry x/3 Okay! You let Sal'rith know :DD

And thank you Jonesy, hehe

Jonesy and Epicface like this.
  3. SteelRaptor53

SteelRaptor53 Void-Bound Voyager

If this race gets added im gonna give mine a tophat and call him Steel Raptor the 53rd

Aeon likes this.
  4. Salrith

So, Sal'rith is going away for a week (D:), but when he gets back, he will have to make tophat, just for that comment. :rofl:

Aeon, steelraptor53 and Epicface like this.
  5. SteelRaptor53

SteelRaptor53 Void-Bound Voyager

Could i use it as my profile picture?

6. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Noooo, the cute furry koala image is gone!

7. Adam #

Adam # Big Damn Hero

Maybe in the future (When starbound FINALLY releases) Sal'rith can ask modders to add Reptigorians into the game itself?

Salrith and Epicface like this.
  8. Master Pixely

Master Pixely Subatomic Cosmonaut

We need this.
    In game.

Salrith and Dragrath like this.
  9. Inacio

Inacio Void-Bound Voyager

rrerr

Salrith and Spy like this.
  10. Trentzor91

Trentzor91 Void-Bound Voyager

This looks awesome!

11. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

Science and knowledge seeking? Reptilian? YES
    (only quandaries are the lack of an option for black scales... and that the way the dress is...

other than that this is awesome and we need a reptilian race :)

Salrith likes this.
  12. Spy

Spy Void-Bound Voyager

Jesus Christ, stop mentioning yourself in third person, it's cringe-fucking-worthy and looks horrible.
    Even if you have autism or asperger's syndrome - that's not an excuse.

Just stop it.

13. Adam #

Adam # Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

WoxandWarf and Aeon like this.
  14. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

This is the best race suggested so far. I love it, this needs much more attention.

15. Kumagoro

Kumagoro Void-Bound Voyager

Except the sprites suggested won't work for a player-controlled race, for a simple reason.

They don't follow the "humane" body plan all other races use, making all armors "incompatible" for them

Salrith likes this.
  16. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I like these and the Cerpine.
    Lizards and Snakes FTW!

Chippo likes this.
  17. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I also like the Cerpine :p

18. Salrith

Woooow. First off, okay. Look! First person. I can do it. But what's the fun in that? Online you can be anyone you wish to be, and that's something that's really cool about it. I like to play from a slightly different perspective, in a way. Perhaps not the right word for it, but seriously - calm down. It's not hurting anyone or anything, and the main post itself isn't in third person, if you look. Only stuff in coloured text, which I usually like to talk in. Why you even bring up Asperger's or Autism is a question of some note, and does seem rather odd, however, I won't hold it against you. Lighten up a little, and try not to explode at people for talking in a way you don't like, please.
    Now that I've given you a reply in a format that your brain won't choke on, I will go back to how I like to speak. If you don't like it, please mail a complaint form to me in triplicate within the next five (5) business days, witnessed and signed by your nearest notary. [Otherwise please go to your nearest lake and jump in it.]

Yes! Of course! Sal'rith can make that now.

Tada! Though, it look kinda .. Urm. Well, Sal'rith just make stuff and go "This works. .. Not really. ..Bah."
    When you cannot art, you cannot art.
    [​IMG]

Yyyeah, quite aware. Sorta not have any really good sci-fi designs. Or any good designs. If you have suggestions though, any description, can try and make that! Might try googling sci-fi clothing tomorrow and seeing what Sal'rith can do about it. As for lack of option for black scales, nonsense! That's just because forum background is dark. Hang on!
    [​IMG]

Not aaaall of them perfectly humane... Look!
    [​IMG]

However, maybe they are different poses. If so, that make Sal'rith a bit sad... But to be sure, tomorrow he try and make more standardized version, see if it look any good! Sadly, Reptigorians' tails immediately break the mould, so it would still be not quite right...

Thanks, everyone, for all the support so far! Even if it's just a little idea, hehe.

Epicface likes this.
  19. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

great improvement! but It would be cool to see a little less solid color....maybe even shadowing? :rofl: I know thats really difficult, and I could probably do it for yah if ya wanted! :D!

Edit:
    ya know what, it looks good as it is! :D forget what I said! its awesome~ I would play it if was added!

20. Bolt

Bolt Cosmic Narwhal

Everything is amazing also very nice pictures.