Modding Discussion I Need Tech Ideas For My Mod!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by That1Rand0mChannel, Jul 30, 2022.

1. That1Rand0mChannel

That1Rand0mChannel Industrial Terraformer

Edit: Hey you, you're all looking at my thread but haven't left a suggestion at all! Please take the time to drop even a crappy suggestion, it'll mean a lot!

Posted July 29, 2022

As the name of the thread suggests, I would appreciate if anyone were to throw a tech suggestion, or even a bad ms paint visual concept if possible.
    If you do suggest, then you'll get credited in the tech description itself when I implement it in, because it makes everything just a bit better for everyone!
    [​IMG]
    Suggestions So Far:
    Genevra:
    t
    ech that affects hunger
    tech that affects recovery items
    tech that gives you light to see in dark areas (would work better without ambient player lighting)
    tech that allows you to phase through walls/teleport (with large cooldowns or energy usage)
    maybe stat tradeoffs, increase/decrease health in exchange for another stat
    tech that locates or shows enemies / loot / chests
    tech that affects your swimming / changes behavior under water
    tech to affect matter manipulator or mining / crafting

Pangaea:
    tech that mimics augments. You could get something like the benefit of more than one augment at once. So, for instance, you could have a light augment and some kind of tech to add damage.

(i'll be waiting for more...)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  2. Genevra

Genevra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

tech that affects hunger
    tech that affects recovery items
    tech that gives you light to see in dark areas (would work better without ambient player lighting)
    tech that allows you to phase through walls/teleport (with large cooldowns or energy usage)
    maybe stat tradeoffs, increase/decrease health in exchange for another stat
    tech that locates or shows enemies / loot / chests
    tech that affects your swimming / changes behavior under water
    tech to affect matter manipulator or mining / crafting

idk

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

You could make tech that mimics augments. You could get something like the benefit of more than one augment at once. So, for instance, you could have a light augment and some kind of tech to add damage.

Obviously there are other mods that give multi-augment capabilities so it's not a unique idea.

Genevra likes this.
  4. That1Rand0mChannel

Thanks for the suggestions, didn't think i would get responded on forums! These seem to be very cool tech ideas, I could definitely see most of these working!

5. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

EPP techs maybe? Admittedly something I'm considering adding to a mod of my own, but could be a neat idea since it'd free up the functional back slot for stuff like the halogen light pack even though it comes at the cost of the ability to use augments

6. That1Rand0mChannel

nice idea, prob use that

Armok likes this.
  7. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

What about a tech that allows you to walk across liquid surfaces such as water and lava?