WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

An update occurred (see first page).

breatemata likes this.
    • SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

Content Pack added!

• skade98

skade98 Void-Bound Voyager

first off, thanks for doing this!!! its great.

One question: i was hoping to get DSV and SVE to work together, but it breaks some stuff. IDK if this is up your ally but if someone could make a patch or something that would let you have the full DSV experience with Stardew Expanded that would be awesome :)

The DSV team have opted to not support SVE due to a "conflict of values" witch is totally fine. There is a Diverse Stardew Expanded Mod that adds some really nice alternates for the SVE characters. (you can find that here https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6566 )

I'd be willing to buy a coffee or two for anyone who can fix it (would love to do more bc i get codding is hard but im a broke college student)

edit: i finally read through all the issues with SVE, and its really shitty what the creator is doing to other modders. I have never paid anything for any mod, let alone his mod. idk if i will stop using Expanded, but i 100% respect anyone who does

Last edited: May 5, 2021
        • Airyn

Airyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please don't ask for SVE patches, since it's really pretty disrespectful to our team given we've stated numerous times that we don't want to make it compatible. DSV and SVE are probably 90% compatible with each other anyway - as we explain in the compatibility notes, only Marlon, Gunther, and Morris are incompatible, since Sandy's edits can be turned off in SVE's config, and Morris doesn't have a character variant anyway so you're really only missing two minor characters. If people want to make a patch for their own personal game, that's their prerogative, but we do not want them shared around.

breatemata likes this.
          • karcea

karcea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this no longer compatible as of the 1.5 update?

• Airyn

Airyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you the same person who commented on the ModDrop page as well? :) In case you're not, we decided to remove it from the main pack because there was complications with asset permissions and we had an alternate style made by our team, but a slightly-edited version is available as a standalone character add-on from the DSV Github wiki :)

karcea likes this.