Portabrain: Scientist in a Jar.

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by Fabraz, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Fabraz

Fabraz Void-Bound Voyager

TerrariaMonster.gif

Hey everyone! First post on the forums, even though I follow the blog & twitter a lot! And my first post is a contest submission no less! Without further a due, here is some further information on my "monster":

Name: Portabrain
    Description: Portabrain was once a famous scientist who achieved immortality through the art of science. However, the way he achieved it is rather... Bizarre. He's now nothing but a brain in a funky, robotic jar. He's in constant fear that someone might kidnap him to experiment on, to find out the mystery of his immortality. Which is why he runs away. All the time. Screams like a little girl too before he teleports away from you.
    Location: He is a very rare monster that can be found randomly an ANY planet. On sight he'll scream and run away and the player has 20 seconds to catch him before he teleports away to another random planet.
    The player will have to act quick to get him, as it will be rare to see him often.
    Loot: It could be a lot of things, all scientific/robotic. One that I'd imagine could be cool is a "short circuited teleportation thingy-majigg device". Item description: "It kind of broke when we removed it from Portabrain but hey, it still teleports you 2 feet in distance every 30 seconds."

What do you guys think? You like it/hate it? Are you at least intrigued by the idea? Let me know! :)
    I'll be going through everyone else s submission now myself. *Excited!*

Tamarama, rhyldin, Terrado and 21 others like this.
  2. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

I like this one :) Very well done! :up:

Vos likes this.
  3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Oh my! That is... good. This contest is not disappointing me at all!

Fabraz likes this.
  4. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Holy shi...Nice presentation, I'll mark you on my death list as a dangerous opponent. *slowly walks backwards out of the room*

5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Well, i've lost. ._.

6. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just love how silly he looks.
    Very good description of the idea. Awesome contest entry.

7. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

How is pixel art even made is it programming based?

8. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

You can use any drawing program - MS Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, even stuff like http://piq.codeus.net/. It's just drawing at the pixel scale.

9. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

I think I just got...
    COMPETITION.

10. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Thanks for the info admin

11. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

Quite a few good entries so far and this might be my favourite. I think it's the gif and the the contest background that gets me X3.

12. Fabraz

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :) I'm crossing my fingers but wish everyone the best of luck.

13. Red Space Monkey

Also, somehow his dancing and screaming "Aaaaah" reminds me of Michael Jackson. xDDD He's alive!

14. Chaos

Chaos Master Chief

Lol, I had the same concept, buut in alien version, Anyway, your pixel art is better, and it have different history.
    If I could vote for one except mine (>.<) this would be my choice.
    VERY GOOD JOB MAN!
    ;)
    You deserve a like

15. Fabraz

Yep, he's supposed to be silly, what kind of mad scientist would do something like this to
    himself otherwise. I'd imagine his in-game scream to be really high pitched too.

16. Red Space Monkey

Haha, great, if you don't atleast get a second place, the devs must be mad. :D

17. Fabraz

I appreciate that, thank you very much! :) I can only hope, good luck to you too. I just went through all of the current submissions, so many entries... And we've basically got 2 weeks left till the contest is over, anything can happen,

18. Red Space Monkey

Thanks, but I don't participate to win, I just saw it as an opportunity to get creative, which is something I can really need right now. Art blocks are horrible. ;)
    And yeah, pretty excited for all the stuff that will be shown in the last few days.

19. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

2 WEEKS? How are the devs going to go through 80 pages of entries?
    I do. I would do ANYTHING to get one of my suggestions in game :p

20. Owl24

Owl24 Big Damn Hero

I really like this idea, wish i was that good. Good luck man, you wont need it.:rofl: