Tutorial How to Download Mod Updates with GitHub

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Xylia, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Huh. that is weird. I suggest going to FU's discord and asking over there...

2. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

alright thanks for the tutorial any ways :D

Xylia likes this.
  3. MohammadErfan

MohammadErfan Space Spelunker

where is Git GUI ??

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you installed as per instructions, it's listed in the right-click menu while in Windows Explorer.

5. Dr.S

Dr.S Yeah, You!

It said :
    fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm. I would suggest going to FU's discord and seeking help there. They may or may not have changed how their .git works, or perhaps something else went wrong (assuming you are asking this about FU and not one of the other GitHub mods).

7. zoklyinkling

zoklyinkling Void-Bound Voyager

can you put it into words that I can understand because installing a mod shouldn't take my whole evening away?

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Uh? I'm not sure how to explain it in any simpler terms?

Though to be honest, if you're on Steam, it is probably a better idea to just use Steam Workshop's version. Unpacked, the game takes 10x as long to load anyhow.

9. zoklyinkling

zoklyinkling Void-Bound Voyager

19 May 2021
    To Xylia
    I don't think I meant to post that comment on this thread. IDK why it's here I was trying to post it on your FU guide and somehow it put it here. maybe I just clicked something by accident anyway It's ok I figured Frackin out. BTW I honestly have no clue how my comment ended up here. This is not where I meant to post it. I can see why replying to this was a little awkward.

Sincerely,
    Jade A. Fenwe

10. jojo4rm4ny

jojo4rm4ny Space Hobo

Bonjours tous le mod a l'air de marcher seul problême je ne peux faire aucun craft .... dans n'importe quel établie créer . Sauf ! celui du tout début la ou l'on peut créer la table craft . Auriez vous des idées ? PS: lorsque je desinstalle le mod tout fonctionne

Hello all the mod seems to work only problem I can not do any craft .... in any established to create. Except ! the one at the very beginning where we can create the craft table. Do you have any ideas ? PS: when I uninstall the mod everything works

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021