RELEASED Easier Fishing (Standalone) (1.4 BETA + 1.5) 1.5a

Easier Fishing Standalone

1. barbarella

barbarella Space Hobo

1.3 is making my game crash. I can fish once or twice, but next time I cast the line the game breaks. Any advice?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, yeah, you're not supposed to use the 1.3 version on the 1.4 version of the game, because the 1.4 version of the game contains fish that are not in the 1.3 file. Anytime you hook one of these new fish it will indeed crash the game.

Please use the 1.4 BETA version (I only have it marked as such because I've not personally tested it) of the mod instead. I packed the 1.3 and 1.4 versions together in case there are people using GOG or something that are still playing Stardew Valley 1.3.

• bhallz

bhallz Yeah, You!

Does this work for iOS versions of the game? And if so can someone walk me through how to add it to my app version? Fishing on my phone is just not working for me, looking forward to be able to enjoy the game again and not get so frustrated.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

AFAIK, you can't apply mods to mobile versions? Unless the phone is jailbroken or something. AFAIK.

I wouldn't know.

• icantthinkofone

icantthinkofone Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded and installed the super easy version, and it works great at every location but in the sea. I've tried every tip I've seen here, and checked the name and file type several times. Everything seems to be the way it should be. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it.

It works in the sea in multiplayer, but not when playing alone.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
            • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I just double-checked the files that I have unpacked, and this shouldn't be happening. Usually if the game crashes, it means you hooked a fish that does not have an entry in Fish.xnb but I just checked that file. 800 lines in both, and the numbers and names of the fish all line up.

What season was this in? And you said the Sea, right? I could visually check all of the fish that one can possibly catch in the Ocean during that season.

• icantthinkofone

Both in spring and summer. I've had no issues fishing in the sea on multiplayer (all seasons), but it crashes my game if I try fishing in the sea when playing alone. I have only been able to test spring and summer when playing alone.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well.... let's see here...

Fish that are caught in the Ocean, both Spring and Summer:

Pufferfish
                  Flounder
                  Halibut

Those are the only 3 fish common to Spring and Summer. Flounder is a new fish, so that would be the first place to look.

These are the lines from the .yaml files from super_easier_Fish.xnb as compared to Fish.xnb that came with the game:

Flounder:

Code:
                  267: "Flounder/20/sinker/4/16/600 2000/spring summer/both/680 .25/2/.15/.05/0" #!String
                  267: "Flounder/50/sinker/4/16/600 2000/spring summer/both/680 .25/2/.15/.05/0" #!String
                  Pufferfish:

Code:
                  128: "Pufferfish/30/floater/1/15/1200 1600/summer/sunny/690 .4 685 .1/4/.3/.5/0" #!String
                  128: "Pufferfish/80/floater/1/36/1200 1600/summer/sunny/690 .4 685 .1/4/.3/.5/0" #!String
                  Halibut:

Code:
                  708: "Halibut/20/smooth/10/18/600 1100 1900 2600/spring summer winter/both/681 .35/3/.4/.2/0" #!String
                  708: "Halibut/50/sinker/10/33/600 1100 1900 2600/spring summer winter/both/681 .35/3/.4/.2/0" #!String
                  I really can't see anything in the code.

Does the game spit any error messages out when it crashes?

• icantthinkofone

No error messages. It just freezes whenever I get a fish and go to catch it, and then the game shuts down.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

And the ocean is the only place this happens? You can fish anywhere else and this does not happen? Have you tried temporarily removing the mod and seeing if it continues to happen? Does it always happen, or just sometimes? Does it freeze when you click the button to hook it, or does it freeze after you successfully complete the fishing minigame?

• icantthinkofone

Ocean is the only place it happens, and it happens always. It freezes as I click to start the minigame, it's fine up until I get a fish and click to play to reel it in. I have tried removing the mod, and everything goes back to normal.
                        And again, it works perfectly fine when on multiplayer. I don't know why it only happens when I'm playing alone. As long as I play on a server with other people, it's fine. But if I'm in a solo game, or on a server alone, it crashes.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Do you have any other mods at all?

Have you tried putting the Easier Fish in, instead of the Super Easier? I doubt that would have any difference given the fact that the only thing different between the two are one number in each of the lines, but it might be worth a shot? Also might be worth it to re-download it if you haven't already, maybe the file got corrupt?

This sounds really strange, I don't get why this is happening. I just checked it myself and it's working on my end.

You're using the English version of the game, right?

• icantthinkofone

I don't have any other mods, this is the only one I've downloaded for this game.

I just tested with the easier fishing mod, and it does the same. Could it be something caused by the game, rather than the mod?

I'm using the English version of the game.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm. Weird. I can't figure out why it would be doing this. If you have no mods, try re-downloading the game (If you're using GOG) or verifying the files (Steam) and then re-download the mod afresh and re-install it and see if it still does it.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything to suggest because I tested it out on my end and it works fine (I, too, have no mods installed).

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

• Mel724Games

Mel724Games Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the 1.5 version doesn't seem to be working, the only fish i can catch are the ones that were easy to begin with; in the 1.4 version the fish would always just sit at the bottom, with the 1.5 version they're back to vanilla movement...and i got the easiest version...

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm. You're using super_easier? odd. I might have to check that.

Yeah, almost all fish in super_easier are 30 or less difficulty which is incredibly low on the difficulty spectrum. are you sure you installed the mod properly?

Try renaming Fish.xnb and re-copy the file from the folder.

EDIT: OH Crap I see what I did.

One sec please.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
                                  • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Okay, @Mel724Games , please re-download and try again. it should work this time!

• Mel724Games

Mel724Games Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm glad it wasn't just me doing something wrong, thank you for fixing :)

@Xylia works now, thanks again

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020