Modding Discussion Personal PPJA Reference Project

Discussion in 'Mods' started by MouseyPounds, Jul 13, 2019.

1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

As someone who loves the PPJA (Project Populate JSON Assets) mods, I've always wanted some more comprehensive documentation, so recently I've started compiling that documentation myself. Although not complete yet, the project has reached a state where I think it'll be useful to others, so I wanted to make an announcement post here and have another place for feedback and suggestions.

The main URL is https://mouseypounds.github.io/ppja-ref/index.html and any feedback on what other information to include or how to make the site more usable is welcome.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why did you never DM me about this? This is amazing <3 Let me know if I can help!

Edit:
      • From cooking, PB&J Sandwich has the wrong preview image.
      • If we're including ones I don't maintain (like Sweet Tooth which I'm thinking of pulling from the main PPJA collective since we don't maintain it): Eemie's are maintained by Minerva now. Crops

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
      • MouseyPounds

Thanks, I'll take a look at the PB&J. Sweet Tooth was added mainly because Artisan Valley's Ice Cream Machine had some compatibility stuff for it (commented out.) I guess it technically is "PPJA mods and closely related mods" but that's too long of a name. Also thanks for the heads up on the Eemie crops, that is probably closely enough related to include as well.

• metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Stumbled across this and have been finding it really useful.

That said, there is an issue with the seasonal profit values for all non-regrowing crops. It has been calculated as if you only need to purchase a single seed for such crops instead of needing a seed for each planting. This leads to the profit being in many cases significantly overestimated.

Also are you keeping this purely to PPJA mods or would you consider adding other JA crop mods, possibly as a seperate sheet if the distinction is important?

Also a few other columns that may be useful to include.
          • Crop type, to let you sort by fruit, veg, etc.
          • Flower colour variants, useful for telling how much storage you will need.
          • Indicator for if a flower can be used to flavour honey.
          • Number of 'wasted' days from the last harvest to the end of the season, useful for determining which alternate crop can be planted in that plot to use the remaining days in the season.

• MouseyPounds

That would be a bug, thanks. I'll look into it.

It is basically PPJA mods and anything else that I personally find interesting. For example it includes Mae's Trees and the sodavine, which are not part of PPJA. I will consider some of these other options. Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Next update will fix the profit calculation, and add a crop type field on crop & tree sheets. The crop type will show the number of colors where applicable. In Stardew 1.4, every flower type crop should be able to flavor honey. Also added a wasted days column to the growth speed-based section.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
            • metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just spotted another bug. Unmilled rice is showing its time to grow when in a paddy as 7 days when it should be 6. At 35% this drops its time to grow down to 4 days which gives another harvest.

• MouseyPounds

Thanks. I thought those rice numbers looked a little weird but never got around to testing them; that'll be fixed soon. (Had an internal calculation using .25 instead of 25)

• ChuckleTim

ChuckleTim Void-Bound Voyager

Well, there's several JA mods that are not yet documented.

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

Are you considering adding other json assets mods to this reference? I know I'd personally really appreciate having the following mods' information added: (assuming you're able to obtain permission from the authors, ofc)
                    - Korea Blossom by jina2ya
                    - Cherry Blossom Cafe by jina2ya
                    - Comfort Foods by forsy
                    - Kawaii Valley by poppy
                    - Macaron Expand by jina2ya
                    - More Mead by jina2ya
                    - Succulent Farm by neo
                    - Perfume by wally32
                    - Prospurrity by lanterncat
                    - Pudding mod by wally32
                    - Regional Cuisine Korean Preserve by jina2ya
                    - Six Plantable Crops for Winter by popobug
                    - Oriental Kitchen by ssaturn
                    - Tropical Farm by ssaturn

As I know almost nothing about perl, I'm unable to offer my assistance there, but I would gladly volunteer to help with data entry, as I'm aware this is a sizeable request. orz

• SCMixie

SCMixie Space Spelunker

I thought this might be a good place to put it but on the database, or anywhere on the internet apparently, there is no indication that potpourri exits in the game. Was very confused when I accidently made it.

• SigmaBonds

SigmaBonds Space Hobo

Hello, I recently installed the pack and I am trying to play but I keep getting the following error message on SMAPI:
                        [SMAPI] Skipped mods

[SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------

[SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game.

[SMAPI] - [MYC] Fresh Meat 3.0.1 because it requires mods which aren't installed (Cherry.MultiYieldCrops).

[SMAPI] - Champagne Grape for BAGI 1.0.2 because it requires mods which aren't installed (cat.betterartisangoodicons).

[SMAPI] - PPJA Better Artisan Goods Icon Pack 1.2.2 because it requires mods which aren't installed (cat.betterartisangoodicons).

What should I do?

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

You should probably try installing the missing mods: :3
                          Multi-Yield Crops
                          Better Artisan Goods Icons

• kitten1106

kitten1106 Space Hobo

Hi. I'm new to these mods, but whenever I try to load up a save I get a lot of errors saying that I started loading it too early. Does anyone know why it's saying that?

edit: I love these mods, but now it's not even loading a save file, it crashes the game

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
                            • Soid69

Soid69 Space Hobo

Request for help

Hello, I write because I need your help, I like many of these mods, especially the ones I use: Even more recipes Another collection of recipes, Valley of the artisans, Mizu flowers, Fruits and vegetables, More trees, a collection of new alcoholic beverages and More recipes. collection of recipes, I have the following problem, there are some recesses that I can't find what they do, I'm already in year 7 and not even with the help of Lookup Anything can I know how to make it, for example the Wormwood, or the sesame seeds or the bases miso or born among others my question is
                              Will you have an updated guide by ayi?, Since all that is carefully read and I do not get it

I hope you can help me, thanks

• Blouz05

Blouz05 Aquatic Astronaut

I am getting these error lines and have no way to fix them

Screenshot_1.png

• nmuss97

nmuss97 Intergalactic Tourist

Hello! I am having trouble with the Farmer to Florist mod. I get no errors in SMAPI, but when I get mail presumably from that mod there isn't any attachments and I have no recipes unlocked. I'm not sure how to fix it.

• Topgunmommy

Topgunmommy Space Hobo

so I spent an entire day updating my game to the new 1.5.5
                                    I followed all the instructions to update SMAPI, updated all my mods, and switched over PPJA to the new DGA versions.
                                    The game is running ok, but there are error messages related to the DGA, and it sometimes crashes my so bad, it freezes up completely and I can't even close the game. This is the error message I get when the game is loading.

[Dynamic Game Assets] No such "assets/objects/Crème Brûlée.png" in [DGA] Even More Recipes for Dynamic Game Assets (DGA version) (ppja.evenmorerecipes.DGA)!
                                    [Dynamic Game Assets] This mod failed in the GameLoop.GameLaunched event. Technical details:
                                    DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
                                    at DynamicGameAssets.PackData.ContentPack.GetTexture(String descriptor, Int32 xSize, Int32 ySize) in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.spacechase0\DynamicGameAssets\PackData\ContentPack.cs:line 319
                                    at DynamicGameAssets.Mod.RefreshSpritebatchCache() in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.spacechase0\DynamicGameAssets\Mod.cs:line 869
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args, Func`2 match) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 126

Its frustrating that I play thru one day, and shortly after I get to the next day, the game crashes, so i can only play one day at a time before having to reload the game. Sorry I cant get the error message when it crashes, because of the freeze up.

• Jadzaea

Jadzaea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is Leo supposed to like all the added alcohols? All of the alcohols that you can get at the Saloon are listed as 'like' for him. I wasn't sure if this was intended, since the other kids in town dislike them.

• Hero Shepherd

Hero Shepherd Big Damn Hero