Modding Help Updating a custom race mod: What to do?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by GoreFly, Oct 26, 2020.

1. GoreFly

GoreFly Phantasmal Quasar

Hello everyone!

I am the original creator of the A.I. (S.A.I.L.) Race Mod which can also be found in the Steam Workshop uploaded by someone else.

As you can see, the last time I worked on that mod was on September 2nd, 2016.

I have recently started playing Starbound again and I saw that a lot of people like my mod, but it crashes and does not provide a smooth experience for users. I wish to update my mod accordingly and make it fully compatible with the vanilla game and Frackin' Universe too.

But I have been out of the modding loop for some time and I am really lost.

Could someone help me achieve that with topics that I should know about? For example, someone that tells me "when making custom races mod, pay attention to X, Y and Z. Also, for Frackin' Universe, A, B and C". Or anything, really. I only need some guidance.

Thank you!

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

*rubs hands together*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1380289410

I know you've made your race, but this guide is up to date on neat race making stuff. Looking at your race I can recommend this template https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/skittles-advanced-template-race-mod.5099/

Download that template, use the name 'artificialintelligence' , then transfer your files over. I would focus on image files first. Be mindful about the other files, as they may contain outdated scripts. It may be in your best interest to copy the descriptions but leave the rest. Case by case basis.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

[Edit]
    Oh hello I see you used my basic template the first time around. Awesome :D It has been updated drastically since then so you will deffo need an updated version. My adv template has room for custom armour which is why I included it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  3. GoreFly

GoreFly Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so much for your reply.

4. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

NP

I have made an edit

[Edit]
    Oh hello I see you used my basic template the first time around. Awesome :D It has been updated drastically since then so you will deffo need an updated version. My adv template has room for custom armour which is why I included it.