Modding Discussion is there any way to disable recipes via patching?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Armok, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

basically I'm trying to tweak some content in some mods as part of some personal patches, is it possible to disable and remove recipes from other mods via patching? I'm talking both the player.config.patch and the .recipe files themselves

2. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

From other mods? I think you can do it by clearing files content, but to do so you need to know folders tree for every file.
    But isn't it illogical to clear mods by adding another mod to do so? Why no cut mods out of mods folder? Or unsubscribing them?

Wysłane z mojego MAR-LX1A przy użyciu Tapatalka

3. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

because I like virtually 99% of the rest of the mod but this one crafting station is really bugging me, plus the mod in question is still being updated so making a private version of it is out of question
    I've also asked the modder to perhaps change things, but while they liked my idea, they wouldn't do it because it'd confuse people understandably

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The most simple way to disable a recipe would be to patch the .recipe file and edit the groups.
    Of course you also control load order in _metadata

Edit: if you dislike their crafting station, wouldn't it be best to just patch/edit the station itself? Make a new one you like more to replace the one you dislike.

5. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm curious what mod is it then :rofl: and what station is bugging you X:rofl:

Wysłane z mojego MAR-LX1A przy użyciu Tapatalka

6. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I'm just wanting to disable a specific recipe here, thanks for pointing out that groups could be used to disable recipes, I was wondering what they did :p

it's a mod called adventurer's addon, it's on steam. not a fan of the smuggler's station it has, and too lazy to resprite it to not have some anime human, so I'm just going to flat out disable it

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Well they are used for filtering. If you look at a crafting interface, they could have a "filter" array for the whole interface and/or individual tabs. The interface will only display the things that are part of that filter. For example -
    /interface/windowconfig/craftingmedical.config
    Part if is this
    Code:
        "categories" : {
          "type" : "radioGroup",
          "toggleMode" : false,
          "buttons" : [
            {
              "selected" : true,
              "position" : [18, 221],
              "baseImage" : "/interface/crafting/unselectedTab.png",
              "baseImageChecked" : "/interface/crafting/selectedTab.png",
              "data" : {
                "filter" : [ "healing" ]
              }
            },
            {
              "position" : [45, 221],
              "baseImage" : "/interface/crafting/unselectedTab.png",
              "baseImageChecked" : "/interface/crafting/selectedTab.png",
              "data" : {
                "filter" : [ "buffs" ]
              }
            }
          ]
        },
    One tab would have the items (that you know the recipe for) where the group contains "healing" and the other "buffs". Now if you patched an item to no longer contain the "buffs" group, it won't appear there anymore. If it has nowhere to appear, that's as good as not having it.

Note that an empty "filter" array is all permissive. Overall it looks like this
    Every recipe > only what you know > interface filter > tab filter > what you can actually craft.