Modding Help Changing NPC Dispositions

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lilycatspy244, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Lilycatspy244

Lilycatspy244 Void-Bound Voyager

English is not my frist language, so I might have some gramma mistakes. Plz don't judge me.
    I'm making my custom NPC (Siegfried) mod. I want to change his NPC Dispositions [Busstop 21 11] into [Mine 69 9] when season is summer and day of week is Saturday. It is possible to do that?
    I want to make my NPC become dragon and stay at mine.
    I try many ways to make this happen but I'm too noob. Yep, I cannot make it nicely.
    Frist time, I' m editimage his portrait into dragon and editimage sprite into 'blank sprites' (Because I'm using Tiled make a 'map' to merge the BIG dragon image into map). But it was fail. NPC changes his dialogue but portrait still orginal portrait, not the dragon. And he still at Busstop.

Second times, I try to use Antisocial NPC to create the dragon, but I forgot Antisocial NPC cannot using heart number(Mon2, Mon4), or season. Again, I'm failed.

Third times(or THIS Time), I make a new NPC (Dragon) in Siegfried' content. It works! But I can't interact with dragon (but gift responses were normal) and my NPC will not change his Spawn Point when summer 6 (which is summer, Saturday). If you Return/Quit the game and load the game. It will changes Siegfried's location into [Busstop 69 9].

THERE WERE TWO POINTS I WANTED TO KNOW.
    1. Is it possible the ways that I don't know can make my idea works?
    2. Is it possible to change the NPC start location?
    I hope that someone who is clever, smart, beautiful and kind can help me solve this problem, Thank you!

Fafuna.gif
    ##If someone who want to help me, I will upload my file._:)з」∠)_

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

You can create another NPC Dispositions entry for your npc with the new variable, but on this new entry add this ath the end of it:
      "When": {
      z "summer",
      d Sat,
      },

It should be something like this:

"LogName": "NPC Dispositions",
      "Action": "EditData",
      "Target": "Data/NPCDispositions",
      "Entries": {
      "Siegfried": "(age)/(manners)/(social)/(optimism)/(gender)/(datable or not)/null/Other/(bithday)/Mine 69 9/Siegfried",
      "When": {
      z "summer",
      d Sat,
      },

Now you will have 2 NPC Disposition for your npc but this one, the new, will replace the other when the requirements are met, in this case the preconditions (when) are: 'z "summer"', this indicates that the season must be summer, and 'd Sat' indicates that the day must be Saturday.

And don't worry, my mother language isn't English either. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2020
      • Lilycatspy244

Thank you sooo much for your reply!!!:cry:Later, I will try this!!

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

If you need more help with your npc I will be happy to help, I can code everything about the npcs; schedules, dialogues, events, etc. And I'm also good with art and mapping.

• Lilycatspy244

You'r so kind! Thanks!! But I more likely to make my mod by myself. :love:

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

Sure, good luck!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
              • Lilycatspy244

Unfortunately, same problem as thrid times happen:cry:
                But now I want to know why I cannot speak to Dragon……That's weird.
                Here's my mods folder(included Dragon and Siegfried)
                (I didn't translate dialogue to English but I know it will not cause the game bug:oops:)

Sorry, I need help again!!:cry:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2020
                • Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

If you can't talk to him, it could be an error in the file "dialogues.json" or "ScheduleDialogues.json", it could be that some command/script is misplaced, or a comma is missing, or etc. If you didn't check any of those files you should check them to see if everything is in order.

• Lilycatspy244

Alright, I will check them again.:D