1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Idea

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lixozorde, May 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lixozorde

Lixozorde Space Hobo

I have an Ideia, I don't know if chucklefish are still working on starbound, but I want to share an ideia.
    You could allow the player to build tenants house underground for the mine Bears, than they would live for free while they mine ores for you. (the most luxurious house would make than to work harder).

2. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

seems... more like a mod idea if anything, hard to say if those bears are even their own species or some rejected experiment of the Miniknog even

Lixozorde likes this.
  3. Lixozorde

Lixozorde Space Hobo

Yes, could be a mod, but I know nothing about modding, experiment or not I would give great houses for then haha.

Armok likes this.
  4. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

adding in custom npcs and tenants is easy enough, getting them to mine might be difficult... unless they periodically give ores as gifts to simulate mining

AccountPrivacy and Lixozorde like this.
  5. Lixozorde

Lixozorde Space Hobo

Great Idea. but would be pretty awesome if they actually dig for resources (respecting constructed areas and stuff).

Armok likes this.
  6. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

that's about it from me unfortunately I might be able to help you if you try to mod it in, but no guarantee, I tend to work best when I'm enthusiastic about something. don't get me wrong, you got a neat idea, but I haven't really delved into tenants all that much so far

7. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

Love the idea. I think this already exist in mod form but I don't know the name for it. And even wouldn't be surprised if it's outdated and doesn't work. I do remember bears being added as species long time ago, playable and NPC so making a script from a already NPC code for them to be spawnable as tenants and drop items like this is possible. The thing is. Most of the content in the vanilla game is basically community created mods that were reworked and released as canon... But still the game really shines with additional community created mods. When it works properly that is... But that is a story for another day.

8. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

ehh, SB only has like a few community created things in it, the only mods it ever incorporated was like... probably just the turrets?

9. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

SB is actually a community created game. If you have been here for a long time then you should already know that by now. Also seeing the mods throughout the years, interactions and what ended up canon in the game it's obvious. Even the instruments music system had some changes and was created by a player or let's say a member of the community. Just one of many things that comes to my mind right now. Don't feel like writing a bible. Just an idea, if you want more search older interviews or posts and educate yourself. There was one video among the oldest ones I think it was from back in the kickstarter days, the video is removed from the official channel but might be available somewhere. Can't find it right now but I do have a good memory about it. Anyways basically the managements them selves said it's a community based project and the devs are basically random people around the world, everyone contributes something to the overall shaping and building of this game as a final product.

Armok likes this.
  10. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

well, when you put it as a positive and not like something a disgruntled beta fan would say, I guess I'd be inclined to agree

so I guess in that way, Tiy was just continuing that tradition when he was planning out loud to hire modders so that CF could continue working on SB, pity that we haven't heard of those plans since last summer

hell, thinking about it, that explains the whole most fulfilling community game award thing (which I certainly agree with :p), and even how 1.4 kinda felt like a response to the complaints on how 1.2 and 1.3 especially were supposedly "tacked on"

AccountPrivacy likes this.