Modding Help (HELP!) Kitchen Error!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by nukenp, Apr 27, 2020.

1. nukenp

nukenp Aquatic Astronaut

I have installed many mods, and played without problems until I upgraded my house. When I go to kitchen and interact, it says "The kitchen appliance is currently in used, please try again...." and here's the log. If someone is knowledgeable can help, I would be really appreciated. https://smapi.io/log/ab5ebb649b3440e48de2efc533dc387e

• spindly_mist

spindly_mist Tentacle Wrangler

That message is displayed when the fridge/one of your minifridges is locked, such as when another player is using it. If you're in multiplayer, try it in single player and see if you get the same message. Otherwise, my guess is one of the other mods is interacting with the fridge and locking it. I would remove all of your mods and add them back a few at a time to see if you can narrow down the culprit.

• nukenp

nukenp Aquatic Astronaut

I play in Single Player. Maybe removing one by one is my only choice :(

• spindly_mist

spindly_mist Tentacle Wrangler

Assuming it is caused by one of your mods, it's probably not any of the ones for Content Patcher. Although you can test one by one, it's not the fastest way. Here's what I would do:
          1. Remove them all and add 1/2 of the remaining mods back at a time. If you get the bug, you know it's in the batch of mods you just added.
          2. Split the batch of mods that caused the bug into two groups, A and B. Remove group B. If you get the bug, the culprit is in group A. If you don't get the bug, it's in group B.
          3. Repeat by splitting either group A or B (whichever contains the culprit) into two again, and continue until there's only one mod left.
          It's tedious, but unless anyone else knows off the top of their head what mod is likely to cause the error I think it's your best bet.

• nukenp

nukenp Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you for your time! I did as you said and it worked! I have to be patient and slow :)