Modding Help Duplicate item name 'foolhead' found

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by rasengam1000, Apr 19, 2020.

1. rasengam1000

rasengam1000 Void-Bound Voyager

The game just starts, shows chucklefish logo and closes
    I haven't found anything relevant about this item or other thing that would cause a crash in the log
    I tried reinstalling all mods and starbound
    I played the game yesterday and it was fine. No changes made since then
    Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Attached Files:

2. Lemon drops

Lemon drops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the "itemName" in an item file is the same as another name,
    you might have accidentally copied the item file, or used it as a template for another item, but forgot to change the "itemName"

just check the items folder and look at all the items you've added just before it broke, you will probably find it

3. rasengam1000

I can't find this folder, probably because i'm using steam workshop to download mods. I tried opening all .pak that a found on steam workshop folder, didn't find anything related to items (using 7zip). Some of those .pak files looked corrupted as i couldn't open them.

4. rasengam1000

Found the solution. It was foodie's furniture mod. just deleted it and now it's fine.

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I suggest providing the log to the mod author so they can fix it. I'm guessing they have the same item in 2 mods, but at different pathing. Or something.

It is good that you found the problem. Otherwise you would have to do a string search on the workshop folder to find which 2 mods have it. Notepad++ is good for that.

6. rasengam1000

I went to the mod page and people were already complaining about it. The mod seem to be integrated to FU and with the last FU update it broke this mod. Anyway the mod don't have an update since 2018 and it's integrated already, so it's fine to just uninstall.