1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Decayedlotus, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Decayedlotus

Decayedlotus Space Hobo

Hi Everybody,

just asking a short question.
    Is there any news of starbound coming on the switch? Should we hope or will this never happen?

Regards,
    Decayedlotus

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The only confirmed console for Starbound is Xbox but I wouldn't say it's impossible for Chucklefish to consider porting to other consoles.

3. Decayedlotus

Decayedlotus Space Hobo

Would be totally awesome!
    Tnx for the fast reply

4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Frankly given their history with Starbound to consoles I'd be shocked if they ever happen at all. This game was initially announced for PS4 with a proper trailer and all but then it just disappeared into the nether to never be spoken of again. Later it was announced for Xbox early access but it's been what now? Three years? Two? We have got no word whatsoever about Xbox in a loooong time. And then there was that controversy about how CF were doing things that I imagine impacted how they're doing things. I'd love to see any console version happening at this point but it's not looking good. They haven't even said whether they're still working on the game at all....as in no more word of any updates, nothing....which probably means they're not. The release of 1.4 was also incredibly tortured and took ages and ages to happen. At this point it's looking like they're done with StarBound unfortunately.