Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angenite

Angenite Void-Bound Voyager

2. pralima87

pralima87 Void-Bound Voyager

Is DAG bugged in the greenhouse?
    It only works on the first day after placing it.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

It actually has, there's a new tilesheet. So that mod may indeed be broken.

Pathos attempted an unofficial update, but the fishing system underwent a bit of an overhaul. Teh was in the process of rewriting the entire mod when the 1.4 update released, so until the rewrite is complete, there's not much we can do.

• sandrasorey

sandrasorey Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I just wanted to ask if this Shane Girl Mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1946) is up to date or needs an update, since I don't have a clue. I searched this forum looking for it and didn't find anything, but I rarely use forums so maybe I didn't search well xD Thanks! (sorry if bad english)

• Demonically

Demonically Aquatic Astronaut

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

1- Yes it still would work fine
          2- But you should use Combined Girl Mod instead. It has all the original bachelors, Shane, and even Wizard and Willy. All of which can be be individually disabled via the config (I personally dont use the Wizard and Willy ones since they're a bit more out there).
          3- The Shane mod you're using only replaces him visually. Combined Girl Mod has dialogue replacements for all the characters (and replaces dialogue referring to them as well)

• roflblah

roflblah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there! Not sure if this was the cause for the error, but something went wrong when I talked to Krobus. His normal dialogue starts off fine, then the next sentence he says are only ellipses. I couldn't end the conversation and so I had to force close the game
            Smapi says something about dialogue strings?
            https://smapi.io/log/603c15f8ba934e8baa32ced7545b9f44

• milkita

milkita Void-Bound Voyager

Could you link me to your converted coii girls mod please? I'm having trouble finding it. Thank you!

• sandrasorey

sandrasorey Void-Bound Voyager

I will try that mod then, thank you!

EDIT: Well, I installed the mod but I can't make it to work well, I only get Sam's sprites and portraits and (I think) everyone's dialogues and names. SMAPI doesn't give me any errors so I don't know where I'm failing. What should I do? If this isn't the right place to ask, sorry, where should I go? The author hasn't been around nexus since 2018.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
                • Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Something wasn't coded properly. That being said, you should update your mods and take out the XNB mod. SMAPI doesn't load those anymore.

• blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

• Ritsunesan

Ritsunesan Space Spelunker

milkita likes this.
                  • roflblah

Which xnb mod? The elven krobus? I only have the CP version. I've never tried the older version. And as far as I remember, I don't use xnb mods anymore :)

As for the mods requiring updates, some of them are updated, but the verion in the manifest aren't updated. Some I haven't updated simply because they only added translations :)

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

PyTK and Custom NPC Fixes have updated manifests. You should at least update framework mods as your other mods may not work well with outdated versions.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll add it to my list - I'm the semi-official maintainer of Eemie's mods :)

• roflblah

Ah, okay. Yup, I updated them after posting here. I still have the error though.

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

As I said before, there's a coding issue. You need to contact the person that did the mod and see if they can fix the problem. Alternatively, you can run the content file through a JSON validator and see if you can fix it yourself.

• roflblah

Err yes, this is why I posted it here. I also tried contacting them on nexus in case they are more active there :)
                              I tried to run it in the validator, but there's no error, it says

• newtype

newtype Void-Bound Voyager

This mod appears to be broken after the latest SDV/SMAPI update.

xiran likes this.
                                • kingff7

kingff7 Void-Bound Voyager

紫色物品不会被加工成紫色,This module doesn't work
                                  该模块不起作用,No effect

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2020
                                  Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.