1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Resolved Issues with clothing after 1.4 update

Discussion in 'Support' started by MenaceInRed, Nov 27, 2019.

1. MenaceInRed

MenaceInRed Space Spelunker

Hi everyone!

I've noticed a glitch since the 1.4 update where all of my shirts are appearing as weird green and brown blocks. I've tried replacing my .xmb file mods and relaunching but I can't seem to get this to work again. Even when I go into the game there's no option for error. I thought the error might be because of kisekae but uninstalling that didn't do anything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!

Screenshot (293).png

• MenaceInRed

MenaceInRed Space Spelunker

Update: I figured it out! Turns out one of my mods, "Sailor Styles" was no longer compatible with 1.4, so uninstalling that fixed the issue.

• xXMidnightLunaXx

xXMidnightLunaXx Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a problem with this too, I had that mod and I took it out. However my shirts are still glitching or invisible

• Luuca

Luuca Big Damn Hero

I have same problem :(

• Edenthaw

Edenthaw Void-Bound Voyager

Short version story: The culprit in my game was one of the XNB mods inside the game's main folders.

I managed to fix this shirt-censoring problem after letting steam verify Stardew's files, basically resetting the Content's files back to its original state.
            (I had some mods that replaced XNB stuff instead of just dropping into the Mods Folder like a [CP] mod.)
            After verifying, I slowly put my [CP] mods from my backup back into the Mods Folder to double check if the problem was still there. They all came in clean!
            Next test, I put my old Content's Characters folder back and the problem appeared.

My guess will be that XNB formatted mods like massive hair style sets that replace the Farmer's original appearance might glitch the shirts out.

Hope this helps!

• LuxiMalikSuzumori

LuxiMalikSuzumori Void-Bound Voyager

Im on android and am having the glitch, but no matter what i do, the shirts show as brown blocks. Im using the anthro farmer mod... maybe thats the problem? i hope not lol

• novaezrin

novaezrin Space Spelunker

Hello! I had this problem to and I figured out how to solve it simply by going to my mod folder (steam>steamapps>common>Stardew Valley>Mods) and moving all of my mods labeled with a "[CP]" into my "Content Patcher" folder.

This is how it worked for me, at least, and hopefully it'll work for others as well. It seems this glitch is caused by quite a few things according to this forum.