1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Packing with xnbcil

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dnksh, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dnksh

Dnksh Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi
    So i have problem with xnbcil. I finally unpacked two files that could not be unpacked with StardewXnbHack, but now I can't pack it, I only have message as shown on print screen. Does anybody know how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Btw. These files are now in .json format

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like you have the source code for xnbcli rather than the executable release. Note that xnbcli cannot handle the new data formats from Stardew 1.4 though.

• Dnksh

So is there any good xnb program that can pack and unpack 1.4 files, or i should wait for 1.4 file support?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

XNBHack is the best unpacker as it does everything except for a handful of visual effects. There is nothing that can pack the new data files though, and I don't have confidence that will change soon. On the other hand, there isn't much need to pack them since Content Patcher can load jsons just fine.

• Dnksh

yeah, but i'm not making mods. I make translation and being able to translate these two files would be good for translation. But if there's no way to pack it then no problem.