1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

when you completed the starting cave quest, did you finish it with a full inventory?
    its possable to spawn in the science flier with admin commands
    /admin (to put you into admin mode)
    /spawnitem sciencebrochure (this should spawn the flier that may have not made it into your inventory if your backpack was full when you finished the cave quest)

that is how i progressed it when i last got to the end and had no room and had allready finished that mission (because you cannot go back into the cave, at least back then. the quest has been tweeked somewhat since then though. it may no longer be the flier that triggers the co ordinates.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i dont recommend skipping all of that. Generally speaking, you will miss quest flags and screw things up. But you certainly can do the brochure to get the outpost.

alternatively you can warp there with

/warp instanceworld:scienceoutpost

thats the easiest method. then bookmark the teleporter.

3. Silverbane7

aye, i only used that method after completing the whole cave dungeon and, not knowing i needed to keep enough space in my bags to pick up the flyer, had no space left when i reached the end of the cave mission. i teleported to the outpost and found i couldnt get back into the caves, so ran about like a headless coocko till i found how to spawn the flyer. after that everything went fine and i never again let myself have no space in my bag once i finished the cave missions, so i never loose the flyer :)

4. Codovan

Codovan Space Hobo

Thanks now i can quest with kevin

5. Romner

Romner Void-Bound Voyager

My game crashed a few seconds after

Attached Files:

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Doesnt appear to have anything to do with FU. You have a mod loading a broken dungeon, which causes the game to crash.

specifically it appears to be a "nemesisencounter". Whatever that comes from. best of luck.

Also, update your game client. It should be 1.4.4, not 1.4.1.

7. Romner

Romner Void-Bound Voyager

One of the other mods I had was causing it, fixed it already

8. Ehsanium

Ehsanium Void-Bound Voyager

i can't download the mod, it always fail, but the other 400+ MB download succeed, i'm using Free Download Manager

9. Silverbane7

What version of browser are you using, which version of starbound do you have and (just in case) which operating system are you using?
    Is your starbound up to date also?

10. Ehsanium

starbound is up to date, i'm using chrome, my OS is windows 10

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

That's not our problem. Download link works perfectly fine. Issue is on your end.

12. Ehsanium

how about an alternative download link, like mediafire?

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No. I already upload it twice with every single update. Github is completely reliable. Failing that, there is Steam. You represent barely a 1% minority, and as I have no control over your internet provider, it is out of my hands.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  14. Silverbane7

okay then is your starbound from steam, humble, gog or? (im not sure how many other places sell it tbh)

if you are on steam version, and are not trying to add it to the unstable branch for testing (which you have to do manualy between big updates) you should be able to get it via the workshop (once the file goes back up, it went down/was removed recently due to the automated system)

also, i use chrome and i have downloaded it fine multiple times manualy as a zip file without even a download manager. have you tried without the manager? have you trued using the built in edge browser of win10? (i know its not as popular, but you could use it *just to get starbound)

im not sure about the other editions, i expect they are just the same as manual install? i rarely use installers these days for modding, just minecraft and steam. and i only use workshop on starbound when im trying out huge mash ups of mods that i saw on lets plays that looked interesting.

15. Ehsanium

i can't download large files in Github, i use Free Download Manager, and google chrome
    when it fail, it says "remote server closed connection"

16. Silverbane7

like i said. have you tried to NOT use the 'free download manager' to get the files, and instead just via chrome or via microsoft edge?
    if your FDM is one that is added to chrome, try using the built in microsoft edge browser *just for this download and see if it can download the file.

17. Ehsanium

the file is corrupted after downloading it wiith Microsoft Edge, the file size is smaller than the actual one, i'll try to download it with google chrome

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You're using some piece of trash software to manage downloads, and that is likely the problem more than anything else. Either way, it isn't our problem and shouldn't be discussed any further, thanks.

19. Ehsanium

i just saw my download in google chrome restart by itself, i need the alternate download link now

20. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When you have issues downloading files from Github please contact their support. Also verify that you don't use any 3rd party software to download files and that you have a stable internet connection as well.