Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roflblah

roflblah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Sebastian mod you linked is outdated since it still replaces .xnb.
    edit: another problem with the CP version of it is that the mod author hasn't released an updated one for the new sprites/portraits added in 1.4. So idk what will happen if say, we update the CP version to work with 1.4 but it has missing sprites/portraits

As for the hairstyles, minervamaga made a conversion here: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4526

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • LadyAna

LadyAna Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! I read through the forum, but missed that response somehow! Appreciate the info.

• sheepskaa

sheepskaa Space Hobo

oh thank you! i got one to work but i liked the art ktruong did!

also thank you for the hair! i look so pretty now in game lol

• Quackmori

Quackmori Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey I get an error for some reason with this new chickens mod
          https://smapi.io/log/27d717b6de214d939e92254158b3fdea
          Now with my main/Sebby husband file, I was able to put the new eggs in the incubator, but loading my other file where I just built a coop I got errors and SMAPI also says it needs updating when like the other ones there is no update
          One for Shane too when I went on my Shane husband file even though I removed the new job mod

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Quackmori Your best bet would be posting your log and explanation on the Nexus page for that mod, the author will want to know that there is a problem (other than the manifest error).

• Juku121

Juku121 Void-Bound Voyager

@huancz:

Is it ever going to be possible to make Farm Expansion play nice with mods that add buildings or animals, like Spacechase's More Buildings, Jesse's Sauvignon in Stardew or Paritee's BFAV and derivatives? Perhaps just by splitting the expansion purchases into a separate shop that other mods won't fiddle and conflict with?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Edit: see next comment!

Here's Skill Prestige updated for Stardew Valley 1.4. (I submitted a pull request to the author.)

Changes since 1.2.4-unofficial.9:

• Updated Luck Skill adapter for the latest Luck Skill release.
                • Fixed Magic adapter not adjusting level up menu correctly.
                • Fixed level up menu not exiting correctly.
                • Internal refactoring.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
                  kiiritsugu and minervamaga like this.
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Here's Skill Prestige updated for Stardew Valley 1.4, including huancz's changes. (I submitted a pull request to the author.)

Changes since 1.2.4-unofficial.11-huancz:
                  • Updated Luck Skill adapter.
                  • Fixed Magic adapter not adjusting level up menu correctly.
                  • Internal refactoring.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
                  • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Use this mod instead: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4582

A third round of updates for Platonymous/Routine's mods is out. See the post here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2020
                    • roflblah

I couldn't get custom furniture to spawn from robin or the catalogue. And i get this error from custom furniture as well
                      https://smapi.io/log/984de10d0e53474e99596606df39ac10

"This mod failed in the Display.MenuChanged event. Technical details: System.InvalidCastException: Can't convert the StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu::itemPriceAndStock field from System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[StardewValley.ISalable, Stardew Valley, Version=1.3.7286.33936, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.Int32[], mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] to System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[StardewValley.Item, Stardew Valley, Version=1.3.7286.33936, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.Int32[], mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]. at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectedField`1.GetValue() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Reflection\ReflectedField.cs:line 67 at CustomFurniture.CustomFurnitureMod.OnMenuChanged(Object sender, MenuChangedEventArgs e) in D:\GitHubSource\Stardew-Valley-Mods-Routine\CustomFurniture\CustomFurnitureMod.cs:line 178 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 88"

The items show up in my farm, I just couldn't buy new ones since they don't show up

• LumpySpace

LumpySpace Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mineral and Gem Crops seems like an interesting mod and I was wondering if it still works with 1.4. I already looked at the compatibility list but it doesn't say and I don't know how to determine if it is ^^' Does anybody know?

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

JsonAssets crops are very resilent to game updates- I'm currently using an older JsonAssets crop mod with no problems- so it should still work.

LumpySpace likes this.
                          • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

I did say I didn't promise they would be bug free :rofl: I didn't do the updating on that one, just compiled it from the mega PR. I'll make a note on the repo though.

• Dani141990

Dani141990 Void-Bound Voyager

so i have few errors nothing game crashing but a lot lag
                              [PyTK] This mod failed in the GameLoop.DayStarted event. Technical details:
                              System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              at PyTK.PyTKMod.<>c.<Entry>b__22_0(Object s, DayStartedEventArgs e) in C:\Use
                              rs\Courtney\Documents\Stardew\Modding\Stardew-Valley-Mods-master-Routine\Stardew
                              -Valley-Mods-master\PyTK\PyTKMod.cs:line 82
                              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) i
                              n C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 88
                              i also get an error with spritemaster about memory usage
                              and one for COF for rain exceeding limit?
                              my textures for custom furniture and customfarmingredux break when i reload my save

• Moragaine

@Dani141990 Please visit https://smapi.io/log, follow the instructions there and bring a link to the parsed log back here. No one can tell anything from that snippet..

• wup5

wup5 Big Damn Hero

• Dani141990

Dani141990 Void-Bound Voyager

https://smapi.io/log/e93f45d61d364a46b8d1b99166cbb393
                                  the error with the sprite master doesn't usually appear unless I've played more than a couple of hours
                                  And when I play more 3 hours the game tells me that it doesn't have memory to run. Not sure what that does I can still play but it lags

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
                                  • Ill-Will

Ill-Will Intergalactic Tourist

Hey. so, im not gonna go through this entire thing just to find a mod update so im sorry if this was already fixed, but i looked on google and it gave me nothing so. Can you guys please update Yellogs pink colored furniture? thanks.

• Moragaine

@Dani141990 I think you need to take that log and post a bug report on the Climates of Ferngill Nexus page, something has gone very wrong there..

@Ill-Will Try this one.

• roflblah

It's okay :) mod updates are always a work in progress. I also reported the bug on the nexus page for CF as well

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.