1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

I was referring to the idea of editing an already added configuration. I was thinking of adding an "Edit" button next to the "Remove Config" button

Neat Idea, Another option is to maybe put the types inside the help sections. I might even do the same thing with item categories too.

Sounds cool, although in the IO Conduit, that space is used for the insert ID. I can however expand the boundaries of the window and rearrange it a little to allow it to fit.

I was thinking about doing something like that for a while now. That would be a very useful thing to use.

A terminal is actually one of the things I've been working on recently for the next update

[​IMG]

It's still very early in progress and the UI is still under heavy construction, but the goal is to have a terminal that allows you to see your entire conduit system, access all your items, and hopefully allow you to make changes to any of the extractions conduits, insert conduits, etc in your system. Plus the color of the terminal can be customized to be any color you want.

2. nickc01

This seems to be a bug when there's a lot of configs added in a conduit. I'll see if I can publish a fix for it later today.

Cool Idea. It is possible to store data about the conduit in it's item form when your break it, but those conduits won't be able to stack inside of the inventory. What I could do is make a checkbox so that when it's checked and the conduit is broken, the contents are retained. It can even be done so upgrades are stored as well.

A Copy and Paste System would be pretty cool thing to have.

I should probably keep these ideas jotted down somewhere.

I think you found another bug where it's unable to detect a colon [ : ] in the item name, I should be able to fix that one soon too. Thanks for letting me know, I wouldn't have found this otherwise.

I really do appreciate the offer, but right now I don't have a paypal account set up.
    This is a project I have been working on in my spare time, which will be in short supply when I start
    my new job soon. I'm happy to provide help with questions about my projects, but beyond that I just
    want to keep things simple. So I'd like to keep our discussions here, so that other people might benefit
    from it.

3. nickc01

4. nickc01

nickc01 updated Smart Tubes with a new update entry:

Added Conduit Saver

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. nickc01

6. nickc01

7. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

A tip for those who, like me, are setting up a large amount of extraction/IO tubes.

You can change the standard values that SmartTubes automatically fills in, by editing a file. For instance, I've set the 'amount to leave' to 1 and 'insert ID' to itself.

First, unpack SmartTubes.pak (more info here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/ ). Be warned that the unpacker doesn't create a new folder automatically, it's best you create one yourself before unpacking.
    When the mod is unpacked, find and edit the file: Blocks/Conduits/Extraction Conduit/UI/UI Script.lua

Lines 235 to 241 look like this:
    GetTextWithDefault("itemNameBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIDBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("amountToLeaveBox","0");

The changes I've made for myself make it:
    GetTextWithDefault("itemNameBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIDBox","itself");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("amountToLeaveBox","1");

Make sure to only change the text to something that the mod actually supports.

After saving this file, copy your directory to the mods folder, also make sure to remove SmartTubes.pak itself.

8. MokahTGS

MokahTGS Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A couple issues I've noticed: The conduits leak items if they get to a container that has a slot full that its supposed to insert into. For example moving water from a storage chest into grow beds is fine, but when the water slot (slot 2) is full (1000) it doesn't know where to go and leaks out of the I/O conduit. It needs code to handle this. If an items doesn't have anywhere to go, it should not get put into the tube, or it should go back to where it came from.

Also, the I/O conduits don't seem to work with the ^ as a blacklist option. Whatever I try I can't get the I/O conduits to not take items.

Third, Facade conduits can't be placed under a container or machine without breaking the container or machine. I can put it back but its pretty annoying.

9. nickc01

I'll take a look into the bugs. I've been doing lots of changes to the internal system to accompany some new features down the road and I'll see if I can tackle these while I'm at it.

From all the experimentation I've found, there doesn't seem to be a better way to get the conduits inside of a block without breaking and replacing the block. I'll take a look if there's any alternative way to do it, but this doesn't seem to be something I can fix.

10. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Hey @nickc01, are you still working on this?

11. Jetchain or Niall

Jetchain or Niall Big Damn Hero

Can't seem to get it working? Need help!

Can't get it working! Need some help

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
  12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please keep in mind that doubleposting after such a short time is frowned upon the forum rules. If you want to make additions to your previous post edit it instead.
    The posts have been merged.

13. Flopper_TheDropper

Flopper_TheDropper Space Hobo

Where do I find all of the item categories?
    I'm struggling with setting the Light source and Crafting Material categories.