1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't change resolution

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by noap123, Jan 16, 2020.

1. noap123

noap123 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys.
    I was wondering of anyone had a solution to this problem?
    My game won't change the resolution no matter what i do.
    I've already checked that the game is running on my graphics card but i still can't change it.
    i also have a couple mods installed but on other computers with the same mods the problem doesn't occur.
    sorry if i have bad grammar, english is not my first language.
    - Video of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

You have "borderless window" enabled. Starbound will in this case use your current resolution as far as i am aware which is normal behaviour for "borderless window".

3. noap123

No matter what i have on the resolution won't change plus my native resolution is 1920x1080.
    I really don't know what to do.

4. Iris Blanche

As long as borderless window is active starbound will always use your native resolution. In order to change your resolution you will have to disable borderless window.

5. noap123

As i said the current resolution is NOT my native resolution. and the result is the same even when i'm not in borderless

6. noap123

Since you thought the problem was because of borderless i now have a video in fullsceen with the same problem. (I still need a way to fix it please)

7. Iris Blanche

Thats interesting. What GPU do you have?

8. noap123

I have the Asus RTX 2070 Super

9. noap123

If you need more details then it's the ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER DUAL EVO ADV

10. Iris Blanche

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I tried to figure out what might be the issue. It could be an issue on nvidias end with the rtx tho.
    The only suggestions i currently have are:
    - Is your driver up to date?
    - In the nvidia control panel you can change the scaling option (either gpu or display), might be worth trying if changing this setting might help

11. noap123

Sadly, that still doesn't fix my problem but im really thankful for all the effort you've put into helping me.
    I'm hoping that the problem will magically fix itself one day :p

12. helpfulDeathgod

helpfulDeathgod Void-Bound Voyager

Gonna Preface this with a huge apology for my first actual post committing the crime of Necromancy, however!! I'm only doing this because I had this problem myself and couldn't find any other solutions to the problem!
    I figured it out literally today, so here:

• Go into the game's Local Files
      • You can do this by right clicking on the game title in the steam library
      • select Properties
      • select Local Files
      • select Browse...
    • Go into the Win32 or Win64 folder
      • This is whichever version you are running/having an issue with. If you're not sure and/or you don't play Starbound (32 Bit), it's Win62.
    • Right click on Starbound.exe: Select "Properties"
    • Under Compatibility: click on "Change high DPI settings"
    • At the bottom, check "Override high DPI scaling behavior."
      • Leave it on "Application", not system etc.)

Note: this solution is for Windows 10 users only, as far as I know. It has worked for me and I'm now playing Starbound at 1920x1080 for literally the first time ever, I've had this game since beta lol
    There is a possibility that if that setting is already checked, you may need to uncheck it to fix the problem.

I hope this helps anyone else with the problem.
    (If by some odds there is a solution somewhere else, I'm even more sorry and will take my comeuppance, lol)

13. XxsuperdeadlyxX

XxsuperdeadlyxX Space Hobo

its just not saving the resoulution