Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I may know the problem, gonna see if I can word it right... inside the skullcavern folder for instance, is there another folder, or is there 3 files? You should have manifest.json, skullcavernelevator.dll, skullcavernelevator.pdb
    If you see another folder, go into it and see if the three files are there.
    The folders should be ....../Stardew Valley/Mods/SkullCavernElevator/*files*
    you might have ....../Stardew Valley/Mods/SkullCavernElevator/SkullCavernElevator/*files*

• BabyDollEyes

BabyDollEyes Aquatic Astronaut

I can't seam to get these to work and i'm having a hard time figuring out if i'm supposed to do something in config but what should be coming out as fairy rose mead is just mead and none of the mead bottles show up in my item spawner.

• Redd Foxx

Redd Foxx Void-Bound Voyager

Still The same. I'm not sure why it won't work, but I can live without it, I'm sure. Thanks for trying, though. I appreciate it. :)

• Tinymouse19

Tinymouse19 Space Hobo

I got them from Nexusmods.com

I looked into each of the files and I believe all the mods are in the correct order and do not have a double folder. Now I'm super stomped! I was so excited thinking that is where I might have messed up. Darn it. Thanks for the suggestion though! folderlayout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2020
          • Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Ok did you manually download or use Vortex? Also make sure that there are no duplicate Mods folder. It seems that SMAPI is looking into the wrong folder.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

He did say that everything BESIDES the naming of the flowered meads was working ;)
              They don't show in the item spawner because they aren't named differently i think, BUT if you put say a poppy honey and a summer spangle honey, there will be two separate 'mead' produced, with their own money values.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Tinymouse19 It would really help if we had a parsed logfile. https://smapi.io/log That link there tells you how to find and upload your logfile. It'll tell us where SMAPI is looking for mods, for example.

• Quackmori

Quackmori Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Gwenhyfer

Gwenhyfer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Never heard of that before, but that sounds really good. Thank you very much, I will use this one :)

• strobelight

strobelight Void-Bound Voyager

Pelican Postal Service updated for 1.4 / SMAPI 3.1

Artifact System Fixed updated for 1.4 / SMAPI 3.1

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2020
                    • 5eulgi

5eulgi Orbital Explorer

Hey! Just wanted to say that the mod doesn't seem to work for me? I install it normally, but when I get to Robin's shop, I can't find any of the furniture. Is it esomewhere else? I can't find it on the catalogue either.

• s11p22a33m44

s11p22a33m44 Space Hobo

You are our savior, thx homie

• Ritsunesan

Ritsunesan Space Spelunker

• MartinMiggs

MartinMiggs Void-Bound Voyager

• Neferatem

Neferatem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for this, but now I no longer can increase my luck skill (which is what I used this mod for).

• Tinymouse19

Tinymouse19 Space Hobo

Thanks everyone for your help! we were able to figure out what was wrong here is what happened and how to fix it if anyone else runs into this problem!

Because SMAPI was only ever showing that 2 mods (the two that come with SMAPI) were installed, I decided to try removing its access to those mods. After removing them and running the game again I found it still registered them as installed. This clearly meant that the files were being registered in another location. After running a system-wide search for the files I discovered about 200 duplicates in the location "C://VTROOT/~" Turns out this directory belongs to the Comodo Firewall virtual machine. Seems that Comodo doesn't trust SMAPI and was virtually installing it along with several other programs we'd recently added. Seems it had been doing this from the beginning which was why we had to manually install SMAPI the first time.

So to help anyone else in the future here's the fix:

1. If using Comodo check for a folder called VTROOT, it will likely contain a set of folders that lead to a Stardew Valley directory.
                            2. In Comodo, disable auto-sandbox on Comodo's home screen
                            3. Click tasks and under the Sandbox tab, you'll find a button to reset the sandbox/virtual machine. This will delete the VTROOT folder and its contents.
                            4. Lastly, re-install SMAPI and anything else that was collected in the virtual machine.
                            5. CELEBRATE!

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

wow! that's a new one!
                              Hate security systems that just take over, I want it to ASK.

Moragaine likes this.
                              • strobelight

Vertical Toolbar updated for SMAPI 3

Attached Files:

TheUnknownMutant and HopeWasHere like this.
                                • strobelight

Paritee's Treat Your Animals updated for SMAPI 3

Attached Files:

• MartinMiggs

MartinMiggs Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, I've attempted Fall 1 for the sixth time now to no avail. My game is still unable to save. At this point, I would pay someone take a look at this log, since I've already abandoned a past save file due to this issue, and if I can't understand which mod(s) is/are causing it, then the only way I can realistically play this game and expect to progress past Fall Year 1 is modless. There are three blocks of red text at the bottom of the log, but I don't understand what they're telling me: One is a failure of Pytk to do something, but if that's the issue then I'm sunk because I'm literally using the most recent unofficial update of Pytk and it's necessary to run SVE. The other two, I don't even know where to start.

https://smapi.io/log/97b0035b848c41bf9b85fc3cd48bafbb

Is anyone able to help me, or at least point me to a place where there might be someone who can?

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.