Tool Horizon IDE (0.3.2 Alpha)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Thelandor, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Lexiconian

Lexiconian Void-Bound Voyager

Can't quite figure out how to launch the software.

2. Thelandor

Thelandor Void-Bound Voyager

Open Horizon.Installer and run the installer, or click "Releases" and get the installer from there.

3. Lexiconian

I tried that, and when I ran it, nothing came up. The process was running as a I could see it in the task manager, but yeah, just nothing.

4. Thelandor

That's strange. Are you running it as an administrator? And is your antivirus blocking it?

5. Lexiconian

Yup, running as admin, and I am finding out I dont even have my AV turned on, so cant be that, lol.

6. Thelandor

Try to install one of these and let me know what happens. I'm determined to figure out what's going on.

Attached Files:

• MSI.zip
      File size:
      3.5 MB
      Views:
  7. Lexiconian

Nope, still nothing. Ill keep farting around with things on my end and see if it is just something blocking it.

8. Thelandor

Alright, sorry about that. What's strange is both open on my end. You're not using some strange version of windows are you? lol

Worse case scenario you can just copy all of the files in https://github.com/TheHeadmaster/Horizon/tree/master/Horizon/Horizon/bin/Debug to a folder and run the .exe file.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2020
  9. Lexiconian

No worries man, this is part of the testing expirience, lol.

Just using Windows 10 pro, whatever the latest version is... 1903 or something like that.

I tried that one earlier, the window does open, but I am only given the options of launcher and IDE. The only thing clickable is Launcher, and doing so does nothing but close the program.

If that Launcher option supposed to launch the game? Is it expecting a specific location for the game? If so, that won't work for me because I install all my games on a different drive from the default.

10. Thelandor

That's also strange. The IDE button being grayed out is intentional as i'm still working on that. But the launcher side should have brought up a window that allows you to enable and disable mods. What you're probably experiencing is a crash, Which may already be fixed in the 0.2 version. I just need to clean up some stuff and I'll be doing another release here in the next few days.

I released a barebones 2.1 just now, see if you can work that launcher now. I think I might have fixed it.

Lexiconian likes this.
  11. Lexiconian

Install option still nothing. The standalone method seems to be better. Launcher option still seems to crash, and the IDE option works and brings up a new window. The new and old options don't seem to do anything.

Overall though, progress, lol.

12. Thelandor

I got my work cut out for me it seems, haha

13. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I merged the doubleposts on this topic that were done within a short timeframe. Please edit your posts instead when making additions. This doesn't clutter up the topics too much and keeps them more readable.

14. Thelandor

Understood. Got a little overzealous there lol.

I think i fixed the issue you were having with the launcher (again), that was a big derp on my part with the code. It was looking for a directory that didn't exist, like you said. Check the master branch for the updated code.

15. Thelandor

Just released 0.2.2. It has basic project creation and existing project functionality. I already merged it with master. It may not seem like much, but a lot goes on the back-end to make that happen.

Lexiconian likes this.
  16. Thelandor

0.3.1 has been released. Some more features you can play with and test. Report any issues you have to the Github as an issue ticket so i can keep track of them.

17. Thelandor

0.3.2 has been released. Yet another sprinkling of features for the testers to fiddle with.

18. Lexiconian

Coming along nicely. No issues to report that I can tell.

Thelandor likes this.
  19. Bagheera Magaro

Bagheera Magaro Void-Bound Voyager

This is maybe not in the intended scope of this project, but this is the nearest I've found to what I'm looking for so maybe you can at least direct me to a closer match. I'm looking for something that will unpack the vanilla assets pak file that's included with starbound, then apply mods to those assets such that, in the end, a user would be able to use some sort of IDE to check the results for errors. Having access to what Starbound is trying to (but sometimes failing to be able to) use would be really helpful for checking what's going on when multiple mods are involved, whether it's for when one mod is overwriting another's stuff or when somebody has oone of those darn NPC killing errors that the normal error logs don't give a source mod for but do provide a line reference for. If this sort of thing would be in the scope of your project then that would be really cool and helpful, but if it isn't do you maybe have any suggestions? (Also, Norton anti-virus doesn't seem to like your program, but it's pretty prone to false positives so I'm sure there's nothing actually wrong.)