Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

It's a very common mistake when folks start map editing.

• midsom

midsom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when i load my map in tiled any tiles i've rotated are reset - is there a way to stop this from happening so i don't have to keep replacing them?

• Moragaine

@buckyobarnes Tiled doesn't allow for rotating tiles, you'll have to create your own and load them from a custom tilesheet.

• midsom

midsom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you!! Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner! :')

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

so for some reason i can't get tIDE to open the changed Seedshop map. It keeps telling me i don't have townInterior, but I do! I can open my old version of seedshop just fine. and it's NOT talking about towninterior_2, i have that as well!

• siliayesaco

siliayesaco Space Spelunker

Hi, sorry I'm new to this website and also making mods. I'm just wondering, how would you edit the town interior? do you have to edit the map or can you just draw over the tilesheet and save as a png? also what do you do when you're done editing? like how do you get it back into your game?

• siliayesaco

siliayesaco Space Spelunker

also, curious if there is any existing town interior mods out there? I've scoured the internet and I can't seem to find any

• Moragaine

• Moragaine

@Allayna I use Tiled, but I am able to open the map as usual. Other than the second towninterior tilesheet the only difference I see between the 2 maps is that the new one is 8 tiles wider.. No clue why that would affect whether it opened or not, though.

• metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Where is the game determining the return warp location from the farm cave to the four corners farm? The map properties only lists the location that matches on the other maps. Is it a hardcoded over-ride, in which case we would be stuck with the farm cave in that position on four corners?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Yep. A lot of the special placements for 4 Corners are hardcoded overrides. In this case it is one of the overloads for Game1.warpFarmer(). The relevant section is quoted below. If you are editing 4 corners, you would also need to edit the warp on the FarmCave map so that it does not go to one of these 3 special spots (or use your own SMAPI overrides)
                      Code:
                      if (Game1.whichFarm == 5 && locationRequest.Name.Equals("Farm"))
                      {
                          if (tileX == 34 && tileY == 6)
                          {
                              tileX = 30;
                              tileY = 36;
                          }
                          else if (tileX == 28 && tileY == 16)
                          {
                              tileX = 39;
                              tileY = 35;
                          }
                          else if (tileX == 41 && tileY == 64)
                          {
                              tileX = 40;
                              tileY = 64;
                          }
                      }

• eafooe

eafooe Orbital Explorer

I am having trouble with 4 tiles not displaying properly on my custom farm. I chose the FarmMining farm at the beginning of the game, then later changed my save file to load my custom farm instead. Everything works perfectly, except for these 4 tiles. I should note that these tiles used to be where the FarmCave entrance was. The tiles display properly when I start a new farm. Any ideas as to what could be going wrong?

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

There is some hard-coding around the cave entrance so it can't be blocked by anything - even just decorations placed there disappear (or usually, half disappear).

• neatopup

neatopup Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to make a spouse room for the wizard and editing it in Tiled (I have a mod that allows me to romance the Wizard but the spouse room is empty), when I load it up as an .xnb in game, it shows the edited Back layer but not the Buildings/Front layers. Does anybody know what's up with that?

I followed a tutorial to the T but cannot get any layers except for Back to show in game.

• Ghrathryn

Ghrathryn Void-Bound Voyager

Couple of questions that are sort of linked…

1) How easy is it to add and edit warps, particularly inter-map warps with Tiled? I want to set up a personal variant of Cuter Farm Cave so I can have access to the mineral cavern from SVE's Immersive Farm 2 Remastered farm cave

2) How would I go about checking and if necessary rejigging inter-map warps to get Better Woods to work with both Deeper Woods and SVE? - not to mention the 'shop' from the linked mod, which seems to have a fit with SVE

• vickimed

vickimed Void-Bound Voyager

I have a quick question about a map I'm trying to fix. It is a seasonal greenhouse map, and the mod author is not responding. My seeds stopped growing when winter arrived (ancient seeds). I think the winter.tbin file is missing a map property that would allow the seeds to continue growing, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I get winter footprints as I walk around, even though I am indoors. I added a map property for "Outdoors false", and all that did was make it snow inside the greenhouse, which was sort of the opposite of what I want. I looked at the .tbin files for other seasonal maps, and just can't figure out what I need to do. They don't seem to have any special properties added.

Please note, I've been map editing for all of an hour and a half (including the time to install Tiled, etc.), so I need easy instructions. I did manage to add the music I want to play in the greenhouse though, so score one for me! Thanks to whoever wrote the Wiki page on this topic. It got me this far.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Can you share the maps you are working on? I'll take a look at em!
                                  Did you start with the greenhouse map or start from scratch?
                                  And did the crops die totally or did they just stop growing? Cuz if they just stopped growing they are acting like trees which seems REALLY weird

• vickimed

This is someone else's mod that I found on Nexus. I'm just trying to make it work correctly for my own use, because I've completely fallen in love with it. They might answer my question on the mod's posts page, but I know they are overseas and using a translation app. I'm not sure if my issue will, or will not, survive the translation in a way that it makes sense to the author. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4916
                                    The land I've used for seeds is on the upstairs map (on the right), below the pond with the swans. What is really, really weird is that the seeds just stopped growing, but the fruit trees on the same level have continued to mature. I tried the Discord modding channel, and one person tried to help me, but they were really busy with many requests. I can't figure out why indoor grass acts like it is outdoors....
                                    Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
                                    • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

sorry i took so long, only just now looked at the mod. I'm having the seeds grow normally in winter, is this the right spot?
                                      upload_2019-12-28_21-16-31.png

• vickimed

That's the right spot! I wonder why mine stopped growing when winter started. I'll try replanting now, still in winter, and see what happens. Thank you so much for looking at it! I'll let you know what happens on my end. Maybe another mod is interfering.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.