Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tani_heart

tani_heart Void-Bound Voyager

The unofficial update of custom furniture messes up the furniture on the next day or after reloading a save game.

xbukimina and sophiafairy like this.
    • sashuka

sashuka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• huancz

huancz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I thought I'd let someone else handle it for once, but in the end my curiosity got better of me. I sent you a PR, I think it would be better if you did the unofficial update. Let's not fragment the source code history more than it already is.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Ran unfortunately does not allow distribution, however they are active on tumblr. You can try reaching out to them on there.

Kisekae is very dead as well, a set of replacements are in the works.

8Q3Q8 likes this.
        • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks, ill take a look at it later today

• Chaos Reaper

Chaos Reaper Void-Bound Voyager

if the clothing mod can have a JA version and a CP version, that would give people the option to which version they want to use

going to avoid playing stardew valley because this error is solved
            ~
            [PyTK] This mod failed in the GameLoop.DayStarted event. Technical details:
            System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            at PyTK.PyTKMod.<>c.<Entry>b__22_0(Object s, DayStartedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Courtney\Documents\Stardew\Modding\Stardew-Valley-Mods-master-Routine\Stardew-Valley-Mods-master\PyTK\PyTKMod.cs:line 82
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 88
            ~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2019
            • mewkledreamy

mewkledreamy Big Damn Hero

• 009i66

009i66 Void-Bound Voyager

doing this via content patcher instead of jsonassets isnt a good decision. 1.4 made changes to the categorization of clothes. clothes are now considered 'items' so you can dye them and create them. this means easy support with JA packs, but unfortunately, spritesheets of clothing cant be expanded because every piece of clothing is an individual item. most likely, all existing content packs of custom clothes will need to be migrated to jsonassets to be used properly. this is part of why get dressed and kisekae are no longer supported in 1.4; they use systems of customization that are no longer supported in 1.4. customize anywhere is the replacement mod for get dressed and kisekae, which uses JA packs instead of CP. i havent tested to see whether or not you can select JA items when creating your farmer, but when in the customization menu, you definitely can.

tirnaliaelvhenan and minervamaga like this.
              • Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Melindee does it happen with new save files too?

• voshtak

voshtak Void-Bound Voyager

of course!! thank you so much, especially considering what time of the year it is. take all the time in the world/all the time you need :catnod:<3! seriously the real MVP of the sdv mod community!

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

If you're referring to the PyTK bug, I have not tested it again with a new save file. I was planning on using Stardew Valley Expanded but I want to wait till the 1.8 update is released.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The PyTK bug is just PyTK being weird. I was referring to the crash; it seems super weird and possibly indicative of save file corruption. There are people on here who know how to fix a corrupted save file, so if the crash doesn't happen with a new testing save (indicative of corruption on the other save) then you can upload your zipped save file here and hopefully someone will be able to fix it.

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Here is the save files according to SMAPI. I have not run SMAPI through my new file so there's no SMAPI file for that.

Attached Files:

• sashuka

sashuka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank u for explanation!
                          But I still hope that Kisekae's functions, such as changing shoes, face shape and more accessories, will be added somehow

• 8Q3Q8

8Q3Q8 Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks to tell me that , I'll try to reach out to them ,
                            I would consider my self an artist,( it's just a hobby if you can say that , & I'm new at pixel art ) and want to create & design some cloths and wearable items , but I don't know how to transform them to Json assets compatible files , is there any tutorials to help me understand ? !
                            and thank you again!.

• lady_hyena

lady_hyena Void-Bound Voyager

could someone update these please. Thankyou.

- Convenient Chests 1.2.0
                              - Farm Expansion 3.4.0-beta
                              - TVAnnouncements 1.0.0

• huancz

huancz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know about the other two, but Farm expansion has unofficial update that works.

Edit: maybe the version numbers are confusing you? 3.4.0-beta source code was not released, or at least I couldn't find it. The unofficial update is based on 3.3.1, so I left that version in the name too to keep it clear. Unfortunately it means that smapi now alerts you that there is an update available - don't believe it, until Advize comes back to modding, 3.3.1-unofficial is the best you get.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
                                • kiwi_icepop

kiwi_icepop Master Chief

Could someone please convert Ran's Wedding and Flower Dance Attire to a Json Assets mod? The new tailoring system is fine, but there are simply no vanilla options that would work for the Flower Dance :avalicry:
                                  https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2864

tirnaliaelvhenan likes this.
                                  • missashofoz

missashofoz Void-Bound Voyager

I appreciate all your hard work! Sadly, CFR only seems to be half working alongside Artisan Valley. Machines are still producing incorrect items occasionally. Just the other day, I saw my Drying Racks were done making Dried Roses. I collected them but then opted to go to bed instead. I closed out the game and when I came back in later, the machines produced Chests instead.

I've uninstalled Artisan Valley and am hoping to see an official fix soon. Shame such core mods aren't being maintained by their creators anymore >.< I miss Artisan Valley! lol

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@kiwi_icepop Ran's mods are not open source, so you'll have to wait until Ran comes back and does their own updating.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.