Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandorah

Pandorah Big Damn Hero

The weirdest thing. I use the old CP version of eemie's paths. I mentioned before that the bricks don't show up in a prior post. The new brick paths would just show up as transparent grey with red lines in them.

Well, I just hit winter day #1, and all my paths are default textures. I thought I had done something. Then I made a new game, spring 1, dropped the straw tiles and stone tiles to see, and they're eemie's colors, but my current game I'm actively playing, they're back to the only path colors and the brick colors are visible!

I'm looking at the files, and I see there is a terrainfeatures/flooring.xnb and a terrainfeatures/flooring_winter.xnb. I'm thinking that's why it's not currently working because it's winter.

{
    "Format": "1.0",
    "Changes": [
    //Flooring
    {
    "Action": "Load",
    "Target": "TerrainFeatures/Flooring",
    "FromFile": "assets/Flooring.png",
    },
    ]
    }

I'm not a mastermind here, but can I add something like:

{
    "Format": "1.0",
    "Changes": [
    //Flooring
    {
    "Target": "TerrainFeatures/Flooring",
    },
    {
    "Target": "TerrainFeatures/Flooring_winter",
    },
    ]
    }

I'm gonna try because why not!

Edit: Oh hey, it worked. Go me!

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Here's an updated Even More Deep Woods for Deep Woods

Changes:
      Re-compiled version of the updated version Protector put on his Github. So it works with the unofficial update I have HERE.

This should work until Protector has the chance to update his mods.

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Old path mods might have issues because new paths were added in 1.4 depending on how they were added.

In the old 1.3 version, the 1.4 brick paths were just grey with red lines and not meant to be used. Eemie's, since it uses "Action:Load", replaces the entire tilesheet with the 1.3 version which means the new paths won't show up properly.

• thewapakalypse

thewapakalypse Void-Bound Voyager

Still getting an error "object reference not set to an instance of an object at PrismaticTools.Framework.ProsmaticPatches.Farm_AddCrows(Farm& _instance)..."

• Quackmori

Quackmori Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, the witchy furniture mod does this to one of the new furniture items

thats no tree.png

• thewapakalypse

thewapakalypse Void-Bound Voyager

UI Info suite is also not working.

• Ghrathryn

Ghrathryn Void-Bound Voyager

How so? I'm using it and apart from some glips with what is likely mod interactions (probably automate and PPJA/CFR) where some machines seem to lose their job or the suite can't figure out what is going on in them, it seems to be working.

• AnonymooseUser

AnonymooseUser Void-Bound Voyager

I tried this and it seems to be working so far. Cheers!

• snikey

snikey Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I haven't noticed any problems with it so far.

I do use the CFAutomate mod. It works with every other AV machine I've used, except the mayonnaise machine. That's why I specifically said it's not working with the mayonnaise machine.
                    I played around a bit and noticed that it indeed does kind of work. If you put a chest next to it after manually inserting the appropriate black pepper + egg, it will put the finished mayonnaise into the chest.
                    But with a chest with the ingredients next to it, the machine would instead just draw an egg out of the chest, trying to make normal mayonnaise (can be seen with LookupAnything mod) and never touch the black pepper. The normal mayonnaise can't be taken out, thus bugging the machine unless you pick it up and place it again.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
                    • Dawnstar1202

Dawnstar1202 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any particular reason why PyTK and CF would work for some people but not for others? I'm still getting the error that it can't display properly even after downloading hatmouse's band-aid.

Atomicpeachsims likes this.
                      • SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

SeitenTaiseiSonGoku Master Chief

Could someone possibly do Elven Krobus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3071?tab=files
                        Please? I'd really appreciate it! You have no idea how grateful I'd be!

(Also IDK if this is relevant, but there's a note by another user about the capitalization which affected the mode. They state: "So that this mod doesn't break in SMAPI 3.0, simply change the "EntryDll" line in the Mods/ElvenKrobus/manifest.json file from "underdarkkrobus.dll" to "UnderdarkKrobus.dll")

Thank you so much, I'm so thankful for you people who fix and create these for everyone! I would if I knew how! TwT

voshtak likes this.
                        • AlexStardew

AlexStardew Intergalactic Tourist

Guys, can you do something with Unofficial update for Convenient Chests from strobelight? There is known issue: craft from chest isn't working. This is first time I found this mod and it looks awesome, but this unofficial update is useless lacking the main feature of the mod. If you can, please.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
                          • chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

mine are missing from mine as well...there not there in the blacksmith shop,ui suite upgrade notifaction,or in the toolbar.

• Ritsunesan

Ritsunesan Space Spelunker

Strange. That item shows up normally in all my saves, are you sure its caused by that mod?

Only thing I can think of is, did you completely delete the old 'custom furniture' folder and then place the fixed version in your mod folder? I've had problems with overwriting vs completely deleting.

• Dawnstar1202

Dawnstar1202 Void-Bound Voyager

I've done both. When I download the fixed version by itself it claims there isn't a manifest file.

• SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

SeitenTaiseiSonGoku Master Chief

Krobus & Dwarf Marriage Mod ...please? QwQ Thank you kind and wonderful internet strangers!

Mod Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rblpay7oddye9ni/AAAU-ap7VMq24Dj5yxhvf-NQa?dl=0

Link to forum w/ creator's comments: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dwarf-krobus-marriage-mod.116629/

(I don't know if it's possible? It's an .xnb file and I followed the instructions for swapping out the file for the NPCDispositions.xnb file...Binge played for 3 months with the entire purpose of wanting to marry Krobus hoping it allowed you to have kids or at least adopt human ones, but it doesn't give any hint of even showing I swapped any files at all. I tried to give him the Bouquet today and it says I can't even date him (SEE UPDATE BELOW); I want to be more than roommates in the future! TwT)

UPDATE: I added a duplicate of the mod after moving the first mod off to see if I could get it to work, but being a duplicate it was NPCDispositions(1).xnb and wouldn't run the game. Moved the first mod back on & deleted duplicate. Game ran. However, now it stated Dwarf & krobus as single! Finally....I could feel the sweet angel blessing me!
                                  ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’☆ 。゚(TヮT)゚。 ~ ♫All I've ever wanteeeeed! All I've.....ever wanteeeed...♫
                                  And then I went to bed and tried to save. The game crashed. Every. Single. Time. ▓▒░(°◡°)░▒▓ Still broken. Deleted mod, put moved original game file back on, everything is fixed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
                                    Zexall and KaptainLA like this.
                                  • Harunax3

Harunax3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
                                    tirnaliaelvhenan and Convinced like this.
                                  • Asra Fantasy

Asra Fantasy Void-Bound Voyager

• Quackmori

Quackmori Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm going to try changing the furniture style and see if it fixes it. It might be I have a slightly out of date mod of it? I downloaded it Nov 26th. I had custom furniture some time ago and deleted it (cause none of the custom furniture loaded)

Going on with style change to furniture changed nothing with that item. Here's my log if it'll help
                                    https://smapi.io/log/e74b99368684493f8522b92e40fa1655

• Thrawn

Thrawn Void-Bound Voyager

Never got an answer, but I'm still having an issue with TMXLoader. It hasn't been updated since the 26th, and folks are saying the error is related to SVE, but I don't HAVE SVE installed.

https://smapi.io/log/W6qxc8Dt Here is my log, if anyone has the time to take a look! (The listed mods to update HAVE been updated, I'm not sure why it keeps telling me to do so)

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.