Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Reaper

Chaos Reaper Void-Bound Voyager

there is the hairstyle from the MythicPhoenix's Elven Farmer mod but no idea if the auther is one of those that require permission to ask

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Indeed, Mythic has that mod marked no distribution. Please remove the file.

• Chaos Reaper

the mythicPhoenix's Elven Farmer mod not in that file. he was letting people know to let him know if he was missing any and i was telling him about mythicPhoenix's Elven Farmer mod but saying that mythic may be one of those mod auther and i seem i was right, mythic don't care about the trying to overwrite each other problem that come up when you use 2 or more diff hairstyle mod at the same time

• minervamaga

My mistake then, but you do need to credit the authors whose work you've included in that pack and link to the originals. There is a mod about ready to release that will remove the need for something like this though.

• Chaos Reaper

one thing is for sure. by mythic making his mod marked no distribution, he/she is putting people who want to use more then one hairstyle mod in the boat of pick my mod or pick the other

• minervamaga

No distribution does not mean you can't edit it for personal use, as many of us have done. An artist has the rights to determine use of their creations, same as anyone else. But as I said, a mod should soon be out that will make this entire conversation about combining mods moot.

• Chaos Reaper

interesting what the mod name that going to solve the trying to overwrite each other problem in using 2 or more diff hairstyle mod because it seem that the only thing that is a clear solution to the problem since it clear that it not going to be every mod author of their own hairstlye mod that solve the problem

• minervamaga

It's not published yet, so no name :) But the dev is working for content pack support for it, similar to Json Assets and the new clothing format. No more hand merging :D

• Chaos Reaper

can anyone do a content patcher version for only the scarecrows in the gotama's Scarecrow and Hats MOD?

• Monochr0me

Monochr0me Void-Bound Voyager

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds great!

• Chaos Reaper

for some reason i am having problem with the cp version of the Emily Remastered mod, her new sprite is not loading in? can anyone do a cp version of Emily Remastered mod with only the change to her sprite?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
                        • Kagirii

Kagirii Space Hobo

I'm confused as to how this works - where do I put the json files?

• catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

Unofficial CP conversion of Yellow Dirt Removal. Super quick and dirty, and this mod is not compatible with any recolor mods. Original author, please feel free to upload this on Nexus or PM me to have this port removed.

Do you have SMAPI and Content Patcher? Go to your Mods folder and unzip the whole folder into it. It should look like [CP] Unofficial Witchy Gothic Interior and all of the json files remain inside that folder. Here's a guide for getting started with SMAPI.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2019
                            • Penguinball

Penguinball Space Hobo

• AngelLawliet

AngelLawliet Void-Bound Voyager

Having trouble loading this? i cannot extract files

• minervamaga

• Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems like the ''Expanded Fridge'' mod is listed as 'broken, not updated yet' on https://smapi.io/mods/ ?
                                Anyone know, if something is going to be done for it ?

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

theres now minifridges

• minervamaga

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.