Black screen when entering farm from backwoods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KendallRaine, Dec 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. KendallRaine

KendallRaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I come from the mountains, through the backwoods and back to my farm, I get an infinite black screen and a bunch of errors in smapi I don't understand. Here is my log: https://smapi.io/log/tLACMQgN

Everything is updated to the latest builds, despite what the log says

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Try disabling the backwoods map via the config file. It's possible there's a conflict between that and your farm map.

• KendallRaine

What config file?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

From what I can see, the only mod you have that alters your maps is the Stardew Enhanced | Shortcuts mod. Try removing it and see if that fixes your problem.

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

There's a config file in the mod folder. You can use it to disable the backwoods map. Set the value to "false" and save the file. Then load the game and save it. Then try again.

It's possible that your computer is somehow having difficulty loading your farm map. Close all applications except SMAPI, the game and anything essential for your computer to run. Do a disk cleanup and check for viruses. Once you do that, restart your computer and load the game.

Check your computer's CPU while you go to your farm. Any spike in CPU indicates a problem.

If nothing else, follow Xuomi's suggestion and see if that helps.

• KendallRaine

Yeah but...which mod's config file?

I removed the shortcuts mod, I'll see if that works.

• KendallRaine

I also have a custom farm map that my girlfriend made for me, maybe they're conflicting somehow, idk. I'll remove the shortcuts mod.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is your custom farm map a Content Patcher mod, or a game file replacement mod?

If it's the latter it's more likely to cause errors like this

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

If your girlfriend is the one that created the map, why don't you ask her for help? Without knowing more about the map, there's not much we can do.