Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narpigwalrus

Narpigwalrus Big Damn Hero

2. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Narpigwalrus Do you have any Fish Ponds? Try the suggestion in the post above yours if you do and see if that works?

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fudge, that was a JsonAssets error, if they have a fully updated JsonAssets it shouldn't be happening

• Narpigwalrus

Narpigwalrus Big Damn Hero

• Moragaine

@Narpigwalrus Sorry, I'm not sure then. It seems to have something to do with a seasonal graphic, though. Perhaps try temporarily removing any mods that change things by the season..

• Frilzer

Frilzer Void-Bound Voyager

I appreciate your guy's help a lot. Fixing one thing and then finding other issues. This time, whenever I enter the unfinished community center, the screen goes black and stays black. Nothing loads in and I have to close the game. https://smapi.io/log/2ff449bd91b147feae30f9476bb17d6b

Thank you guys again.

• Moragaine

@Frilzer Nothing jumps out at me - but you do have a very outdated version of Starblue Valley. The recommended version is here. I don't see AdvancedLocationLoader being used for anything, so you can remove that - I believe it's being deprecated in any case. You also don't need Summit Reborn anymore - a custom version was added to SVE.

Frilzer likes this.
            • jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Frilzer Did you use any mod that alters the community center bundles in any way? The function that throws this error was just added in the 1.4 update. If you haven't used any mods of that kind, I think that this could be a bug in the game.

Frilzer likes this.
              • Frilzer

Frilzer Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the starblue and tips.

Yeah, this was the issue. I had an old harder community center bundle mod. It seems weird because it seemed like it was working before now. I'll be switching to a different more recent one.

Thanks, guys!

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Okay, so I'm having a strange issue with my Grandfather's Gift Remade mod.

The issue: The chest that the mod dropped cannot be picked up by pickaxe even after it's emptied.

Here's the code I used to drop the chest:
                  Code:
                              Chest chest = new Chest(true);
                              this.Log("created Chest(true)", LogLevel.Trace);
                              chest.addItem(weapon);
                              this.Log($"inserted weapon into chest", LogLevel.Trace);
                              Game1.getLocationFromName(farmer.currentLocation.Name).dropObject(
                                  obj: chest,
                                  dropLocation: farmer.relTiles(h: -1) * Game1.tileSize,
                                  viewport: Game1.viewport,
                                  initialPlacement: true);
                              this.Log("dropped chest in front of farmer", LogLevel.Trace);

Is there something wrong with my code that resulted in the chest being non-pickup-able?

• b0bulat0r

b0bulat0r Void-Bound Voyager

Hi
                    I just came back to wanting to replay stardew valley, updated the game, updated SMAPI and all of my mods,
                    I can't get the game to work,

1) on a new game if do NOTHING except sleep, it works and saves the game as normal, if i do ANYTHING and then try to sleep it CTD's
                    2) on my old game if i try to sleep the screen dulls slightly but doesn't put me to sleep, i can walk around my house and do anything inside, but the day doesn't progress and then when I try to leave my house it CTD's

Here is the SMAPI log.

https://smapi.io/log/GHBpfMuv

I am hoping someone can help me out here please :)

Thanks

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You shouldn't need any special code to drop the chest. Once it's emptied, you should be able to hit it with the pickaxe.

• b0bulat0r

b0bulat0r Void-Bound Voyager

Hi
                        I just came back to wanting to replay stardew valley, updated the game, updated SMAPI and all of my mods,
                        I can't get the game to work,

1) on a new game if do NOTHING except sleep, it works and saves the game as normal, if i do ANYTHING and then try to sleep it CTD's
                        2) on my old game if i try to sleep the screen dulls slightly but doesn't put me to sleep, i can walk around my house and do anything inside, but the day doesn't progress and then when I try to leave my house it CTD's

Here is the SMAPI log.

https://smapi.io/log/GHBpfMuv

I am hoping someone can help me out here please :)

Thanks

• IridiumSnakeMilk

IridiumSnakeMilk Aquatic Astronaut

@Moragaine No problem, I appreciate you taking a look anyways, and at least I know what isn't the problem. =)

@Zaflis Yeah I guess missing the new fish isn't that uncommon of a problem, but I actually don't have the SDV Expanded mod at the moment! So I'm pretty sure it couldn't be that. =)

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems like either an old XNB replacer mod causing issues, or a corrupted save file. Verify your content files and see if it happens again; if it does post the zipped save file here.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I'm just concerned if I was wrong with that "true" value in the line
                              Code:
                              Chest chest = new Chest(true);
                              The object browser only said that the parameter was "playerChest" (IIRC), so I naturally assume it has to be set to "true".

Also, I'm not quite sure what "initialPlacement" parameter means in the ".dropObject()" call.

(Here's a link to the source code repository)

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Okay, my dropped chest seems ... different.

This is how a my dropped chest looked like when hovered:
                                2019-12-12_012510.jpg

This below is how a NORMAL chest should look like when hovered:
                                2019-12-12_012526.jpg

Notice that with my chest, the cursor is an "arrow plus", while with a normal chest, the cursor is a "hand".

Why is this happening?

• Sabaene

Sabaene Intergalactic Tourist

I have The Mighty Nein in Stardew Valley, and Stardew Valley Expanded. Every time I catch a flounder in the spring the game crashes. Is there any way to fix it?

• Mizzion

If you go to https://smapi.io/log and follow the directions, then share the link with us. We can take a look at the log and see what errors SMAPI is catching.

• Mizzion

It looks like it's turning your chest into a forager item. I went through my FarmCleaner mod, and found how I did the chest that stores my farms items. You can see the chest codes HERE . As for the playerChest, Im pretty sure that means it stays if it gets hit by the pickaxe, instead of vanishing.

Edit
                                      If you want help faster, I would suggest you join us in the SDV discord, there's usually modders around who can help faster than you can get on the forums. https://discord.gg/stardewvalley

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.