1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. Dragxon

Dragxon Void-Bound Voyager

I literally just said that i would respect your decision didn't I? Thanks for the heads up about the tech tablet tho that was exactly the kind of thing i was hoping for

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. ColossusX13

ColossusX13 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm guessing this mod needs to be updated for 1.4, or will it work as is?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it works as is.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but would be alright to have the Lastree's stats altered in such a way to make them a more notable race to play statistically speaking? From my what I gathered from the Lastree, they appear to be a "genetically modified race for the darkest hour of humanity" (just the races description), and reading over the steam workshops description of them along with identified with the images provided, they appear to prefer modern weapons in general. Similar to what you'd expect the USCM to use.

Now I'm not going to spout all this and state for the good of the race, I'll be honest, I simply believe that this race should be more focesed on firearms in general and I'd rather do a play-through purely on pistol/machine pistols because that is what my race excels at. I think the stats of the Lastree (weapon wise) should be something like the Aegi. They don't need to be identical of coarse, just mentioning it as a reference. Though, I will say the Lastree's health regen buff is nice, and somehow makes since with the race too, despite it not being mentioned anywhere that I've seen. (haven't read all the codex's 'n stuff yet.)

Edit: Oh, (and this might just be me) the Lastree race benefits don't appear in the character creation menu, I'm sure you already know about it, just figured I'd mention it just in case.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

if you provide a viable stat sheet that is fair and balanced, im not against adjustments. I know their author more or less helped define the current splat but its been two+ years since I even looked at it

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Natural Aura likes this.
  8. Natural Aura

That seems absolutely fair, and even an interesting way going into a new play through with the race. It certainly won't be immediate, (Depends how much free time I have, and how long it will take to explore all the feature of the race) but I'll see what I can come up with while exploring with the race and etc.

9. Natural Aura

Hmm, honestly, there isn't much to go off of via playing the race. Additionally all the codex's don't elaborate on much regarding the Lastree's perks nor flaws. If you don't mind all my gibber jab, here is a rough draft of what I currently have in mind. Additionally, there is some optional things in there I don't know if it would be alright to add in (Idk if some are even possible).

https://pastebin.com/nKgJW3PY

I didn't want to stray to far from what was originally intended, so I left it in touch for the most part, only making small changes to add in some knew ones.

Edit: Might even add something for shotguns and snipers. While they may only make the "Mag Pistol" and "Mag Rifle", due to how the Mag Rifles work, it can behave similar to that of shotguns and snipers. Really a jack of all trades.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. Ashtar084

Ashtar084 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

please in the Akimari race of elithian alliances it is better to put the build with pistols and grenade launcher,.
    is a little strange only with sticks and swords, if possible it will be amazing thanks :)

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. SrsBznz

SrsBznz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What does the Avian wand + dagger racial combo depend on to work properly?

I think there's a bug where it sometimes stops working if you completely deplete your energy with your wand whilst simultaneously attacking with your dagger.
    It wont work again until you remove the wand from your action bar (not enough to switch to another hotkey'd item) and re-equip it again.

Only tested with the crafted Tesla Coil which has a Guided Bolt spell. Will update post if/when I test it with a different spell.

EDIT 1: Actually there seems to be other circumstances where the dagger proc can get locked, not sure how to recreate it yet but above method locks it 100% of the time.
    Also sometimes it starts working again after using the wand, sometimes not.

Another issue seems to be the energy cost, sometimes it's ~40% of my energy and it procs on every dagger strike if I can afford the cost (I have 124, dagger is T2 and wand level 3, dunno if its used for calculating energy cost).
    But at other times it changes and only uses maybe ~15% of my energy, though now the proc only gets a random chance to activate when I attack with the dagger.
    It's never mixed, it's always one or the other until something happens that triggers the energy cost switch.

On a side note, what determines the travel length of the bolt?
    It looks as if there can only be 1 bolt on screen at a time so if you proc them frequently their range becomes very short but if the procs are more spaced out they can travel rather far.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. SrsBznz

SrsBznz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This update is broken, at least on my end.
    Racial bonuses such as jump on Avian's disappear, when I created a new character to see if it only affected previous saves the "skip intro" option broke the game. I spawned on the character's personal ship as intended but the quest log still showed that I had to 'survive the protectorate meeting', had no option to teleport or interact with S.A.I.L.
    Also the fresh character had no racial bonuses including the basic +/- % to HP/Energy/Damage.

This was the case using both 5.6.368 and 5.6.366 FrackinUnivers, on the other hand both versions worked fine with FrackinRaces 5.2.59.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Works fine. Issue must be something you have installed alongside it. Nothing you claim is broken has any issue on my master copy. That, or you didn't download the release from the *releases* page and instead downloaded from the little green button on the main page of git, which means you downloaded the test version, which can often have bugs since its in-progress.

Provide a log please.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

21. CadeyrnDragheim

CadeyrnDragheim Space Hobo

Maybe hylotl needs to be looked at a bit? There are some inconsistencies with description and stats (at least as far as i checked through sail - misc - character status). First you get 10% more damage, but it doesn't say anywhere other than if you look on the site at the stats or after you start a game. Then with the katana single you get 10% more damage, in-game description says just 6%. Also with dagger and katana you get 6% more damage i think and no protection, even though it says +4 in the description. With a katana in one hand and shield in the other, no bonus damage, though i think this is intended. Shortsword also seemed to work properly.