Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeng0608

joeng0608 Aquatic Astronaut

I need Expanded Fridge so badly.

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Can anybody tell me how to convert SaveEvents.add_AfterLoad(new EventHandler(EVENTHANDLERSTUFF)); to use this.Helper.Events.GameLoop.SaveLoaded? It's not as easy as swapping them out. They don't work the same way and I don't know how to perform the function that the previous line of code provided in the new one.

EDIT: Figured it out. The example on the wiki makes it clear.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
      • OperaGoose

OperaGoose Void-Bound Voyager

Any updates about Platonymous's ATM mod? I'm dying without it haha.

startdu likes this.
        • roflblah

roflblah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having an error with this pytk update: No idea why it says users\courtney. I'm pretty sure I don't have that user in my pc

[PyTK] This mod failed in the GameLoop.DayStarted event. Technical details:
          System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          at PyTK.PyTKMod.<>c.<Entry>b__22_0(Object s, DayStartedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Courtney\Documents\Stardew\Modding\Stardew-Valley-Mods-master-Routine\Stardew-Valley-Mods-master\PyTK\PyTKMod.cs:line 82
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 88

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• Quackmori

Quackmori Subatomic Cosmonaut

I use a completely different Pet house mod (matches yellog's houses one) and there has not been an update for clean shane's room even before the update.

I just wanna know why smapi is saying I need to update a mod I don't even have

https://smapi.io/log/4e6480c311b9433db4c2f4eb4b616b76

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

When it gives an error, the directory is the directory that the mod was compiled to. So If I compiled the mod, it would say my mod updates directory, and so on.

I can see SMAPI trying to load the mod, are you positive that you don't have it installed?

• wally232

wally232 Void-Bound Voyager

AD2015 likes this.
              • Senthyril

Senthyril Tentacle Wrangler

i have some logs for prismatic tools. they arent showing up in the blacksmith, and these pop up when you talk to him. https://smapi.io/log/9Ki5vgqm

• Quackmori

I'm pretty sure I don't unless its hidden in an .xmb file in the vanilla? I have some windows search and only the Yellog's pet house comes up

• roflblah

roflblah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

here you go :) https://smapi.io/log/BrSMJ3yz
                    btw ignore the updates. I keep track of them and update regulary. Not sure why they still show up in smapi

Ah, okay. So far, I noticed that my game has had random lag or freezing since the update. Like if I pick up items from machines or when I'm moving around or entering coops. But it's all random when I try reloading my savefiles. I didn't have this problem on the prev pytk version :)

• wally232

wally232 Void-Bound Voyager

PyTK

official mode
                      informal mode

The two modes are the same.

Because of this mode...
                      If you click on the TV...
                      Korean is spoken in English.

Can you modify it?

• sophiafairy

sophiafairy Void-Bound Voyager

i'm not really sure if this is just me, but i seem to be having an issue with furniture from the content packs showing up after i close out of my game and return to desktop! they show up fine when i place them and play continuously without exiting to desktop, but if i ever close out, when i start up my game again they are either invisible or a weird patchy amalgamation of vanilla furniture tilesheets with odd and extremely long names in my inventory! >_< then, when i pick up the glitched-out custom furniture pieces, it shows up as the classic oak chair in my inventory in varying sizes...? it's very weird, i've tried everything to fix it but i don't think my ability will take me any further... i'd really appreciate any advice ~ if you need some photos i can provide them! thank you in advance for all the help ~ :kitten:<3:kitten2:<3

NylaJune likes this.
                        • Dawnstar1202

Dawnstar1202 Void-Bound Voyager

• acidbaby

acidbaby Void-Bound Voyager

• Jeardius

Jeardius Aquatic Astronaut

zStormborn likes this.
                        • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

the one that's being loaded is a CP mod, so it will be something like [CP]Clean Shanes Room or something like that. If it's not in your mods folder, maybe zip up your mods folder and send it in. I've never seen SMAPI try to load a mod that didn't exist.

• Quackmori

It loads Yellog's as the other pet house one for some reason, I removed it and redownloaded it and put it in the mods folder and it did it again, must be a file in it that imitates it.

Edit: Its the pet bowl, it shares that with the mod it thinks I have. Would anyone be able to fix that?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
                            • derpymoogle

derpymoogle Void-Bound Voyager

Since "Better Sort" is closed source and the author isn't active, will someone create a new mod with similar functionality?

• Drake1427

Drake1427 Void-Bound Voyager

The problem is that you're using my updated version, which doesn't work correctly (I'm gonna delete it from the post after I finish this reply). Try Seawolf's version, which you can find here. I've been playing with it for a few days and it's been working perfectly.

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.