Modding Help Unofficial Update to Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety 3.0.6 Pathing Error

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LadySilver814, Dec 5, 2019.

1. LadySilver814

LadySilver814 Aquatic Astronaut

So I updated to the unofficial Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety 3.0.6.

However, I have been unable to get it to actually run since I first installed it. I thought at first that it might be in conflict with one of my (many) other mods that I've recently installed so I tried pulling all my mods except BFAV & SMAPI. It still gives me a pathing error message.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered a pathing error in the BFAV file? (I'm not sure if this is going to wind up being specific to macs, since I don't see anyone else having issues, and I am running this on a mac.)

If anyone would be willing or able to help me troubleshoot this I'd be thrilled to have the assitance since I have no idea how to examine this mod to try and fix this pathing issue. (I can sort of manuver my way through those of the .json file type but this one is kind of beyond the scope of my abilities at the moment.)

Thanks,
    LadySilver

20:17:46 DEBUG SMAPI Starting game...
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI Loaded 1 mods: This section is shown. Click here to hide it.
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety 3.0.6-unofficial by Paritee | Raise more variety of animals on your farm without replacing existing livestock
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI Found 1 mod with warnings:
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI Patched game code
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI --------------------------------------------------
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI These mods directly change the game code. They're more likely to cause errors or bugs in-game; if
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI your game has issues, try removing these first. Otherwise you can ignore this warning.
    20:17:52 INFO SMAPI - Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety
    20:17:52 ERROR Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety Invalid path at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName (System.String path) <0x10808eba0 + 0x00455> in <filename unknown>:0 at Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Utilities.Mod.GetPath () <0x13295b230 + 0x0002c> in <filename unknown>:0 at Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Utilities.Mod.get_Path () <0x13295b200 + 0x00010> in <filename unknown>:0 at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.Framework.Helpers.FarmAnimals+<>c.<GetVanillaCategories>b__13_0 (Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Characters.LivestockCategory o) <0x13295b180 + 0x00015> in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectListIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () <0x1135124c0 + 0x001c1> in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) <0x10cbc4690 + 0x002f6> in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source) <0x10cbc9120 + 0x00083> in <filename unknown>:0 at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.Framework.Helpers.FarmAnimals.GetVanillaCategories () <0x132947a70 + 0x00131> in <filename unknown>:0 at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.Framework.Events.RefreshCache.SeedCacheWithVanillaFarmAnimals () <0x132947840 + 0x00010> in <filename unknown>:0 at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.ModEntry.Entry (IModHelper helper) <0x132947320 + 0x00023> in <filename unknown>:0
    20:17:52 ERROR SMAPI Failed loading mod-provided API for Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety. Integrations with other mods may not work. Error: System.ArgumentException: Invalid path at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName (System.String path) <0x10808eba0 + 0x00455> in <filename unknown>:0 at Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Utilities.Mod.GetPath () <0x13295b230 + 0x0002c> in <filename unknown>:0 at Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Utilities.Mod.get_Path () <0x13295b200 + 0x00010> in <filename unknown>:0 at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.Framework.Helpers.Mod.ReadConfig[T] () <0x13295c960 + 0x00014> in <filename unknown>:0 at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.ModEntry.GetApi () <0x13295c8c0 + 0x0001a> in <filename unknown>:0 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods (StardewModdingAPI.Framework.IModMetadata[] mods, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialization.JsonHelper jsonHelper, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCoordinator contentCore, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Framework.ModData.ModDatabase modDatabase) <0x118328000 + 0x01ba4> in <filename unknown>:0
    20:17:53 INFO SMAPI Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@LadySilver814 Could you please go to https://smapi.io/log, follow the instructions there and post your parsed log back here? Full logs are much better for trouble-shooting.

• LadySilver814

PValentina likes this.
      • Moragaine

I tried installing the unofficial update and a content pack for it. It seems to work fine - at least it didn't crash (just got a barn and it's Tuesday... ). Did you try installing one of the new content packs with it? There are 2 I'm aware of: Bears and Warthogs. I see that you're on a Mac, but I don't think the installation is any different..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
        • LadySilver814

I get the same error running Stardew Valley 1.4.2 (I was getting it with 1.4.1 prior to this evening but I updated before I pulled all my other mods to see if that fixed it.)

• Moragaine

Opps, cross-posting.. See my previous post (I edited instead of posting new).

• LadySilver814

I'll give it a shot but I've been unable to get a config.json generated from the mod so I'm not sure I can fire it up even with a working content pack.

Edit:
              Yup. I'm still getting the error and no config.json in the folder. (I presume this is because the mod can't load to generate the config.json file.)

https://smapi.io/log/yvFeFArW

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
              • Moragaine

Okay, I poked folks on the discord, and No, the unofficial update does not currently work on Macs. =(

• LadySilver814

Thanks for checking! I'll keep an eye out for when one that works on Macs is released.

P.S. - If anyone needs a guinea pig for testing a Mac version feel free to poke me! (Discord: Nuala#4300)

• snikey

snikey Big Damn Hero

It also doesn't work on linux. A friend can't play with this mod. :(

• starscape

starscape Space Hobo

Has there been any progress on an update for linux compatibility for this mod? I'd love to be able to use it.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

snikey likes this.
                      • Stche

Stche Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any recent updates of this mod, either the official or unofficial one?

• JarHanks

JarHanks Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

I have downloaded all necessary files, I don't see any errors in my logs but when I go to Marnie's Ranch the new animals like deer and buffalo are not available for purchase, what's wromg?

Elanojoy likes this.
                          • Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix Void-Bound Voyager

I had all the animals show up, but I do notice the new 5 column purchase menu doesn't work correctly with a controller. Only the first three columns can be selected.

• Elanojoy

Elanojoy Space Hobo

Same here

• bikinavisho

bikinavisho Void-Bound Voyager

Make sure under assets>Animal Shop you have copied over the icons for the new animals you'd like, and name it the name of the animal. Example: Copy over "Buffalo" png

It should look something like this:
                                AnimalShop.PNG

• JuiceSoda

JuiceSoda Space Hobo

I've been having the same pathfinding problem on Windows, it seems. Everytime I try to go to the "Purchase Animals" pane in Marnie's Shop, it either crashes the entire game or boots me right back to the original shop page.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator