Game crashes every time I sleep

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ajaxmiddle, Nov 29, 2019.

1. ajaxmiddle

ajaxmiddle Space Hobo

Solved!!!

Hello,

This is my log file: https://log.smapi.io/155e49ca134440f48dd6c9a6bbf40f6b

I've searched for answers with other people who are having this problem but the bug doesn't seem to be the same/the fixes don't work.

I just updated both SMAPI and the game, and all the mods I have which have new versions. The error is in only one of my save files, all the others work fine. The crash happens when the game tries to save and go to the next day, maybe because of the new jojo mart cut scene?

I deleted Paritee's better animals mod from the game, but this is the only file where I had special animals, I don't know if that is affecting the save file?

This is my absolute favourite save file and I'd be gutted to lose it - if anyone can help I'd be incredibly grateful!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@ajaxmiddle Do you have a Fish Pond? If so, place a fish you don't care about in the pond, empty it and then put in your fish of choice. If that helps, all good - but I'm not sure if that's whats happening. The crash text mentions animals and the coop.. Have you ever installed any xnb mods? Maybe update that one mod that's out-dated, too.

• ajaxmiddle

ajaxmiddle Space Hobo

I don't have a fish pond, if its animals and coop maybe its the old coop that was holding the modded crows? But I deleted that mod so I don't know why it would be breaking the game. The only mods I haven't updated don't have updated versions available and I don't have any XNB mods that I know of. Thank you for replying and looking!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@ajaxmiddle It sounds like there is old data still in your save, that would cause a crash.

• ajaxmiddle

ajaxmiddle Space Hobo

Is there any way to get rid of this? I tried deleting the 'old' copies in the save data folder but that didn't seem to work, sorry if this is a really dumb question!

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@ajaxmiddle This could be related to the crows. One of the animals in a coop is not loaded/initialized correctly. You can try to delete them from your save file.
              There is at least one program to modify save files (e.g. this but I never used it) if you don't want to do this by hand.
              If this doesn't help, you can also upload your file here and I (or someone else) can take a look at it.

• ajaxmiddle

ajaxmiddle Space Hobo

Hi all,

tried to fix the save file but I just broke it, I must have deleted a section by accident though I thought I was being careful. I might just delete the save file, I've only got a vague idea what I've done wrong and I don't think I'm going to make it any better! Thank you both for helping, I super appreciate it.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a new BFAV alpha-version unofficial update in the stardew valley discord server! It uses a content pack format rather than the CP + Config setup and doesn't support animals with JA products but if you have the config set up for crows then it can try to autoconvert the crows into a content pack format.

Animals with JA products will have them set to "none" when that happens.

ajaxmiddle likes this.
                  • jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@ajaxmiddle Did you modify your file without making a backup first? In this case you hopefully have SaveBackup (comes with smapi) installed. Go into your game folder and look for a folder called "save-backups". You can try the method proposed by Wingyl or upload your file here.
                    The stardew valley wiki page I linked in my last post also describes how to restore save files.

ajaxmiddle likes this.
                    • ajaxmiddle

ajaxmiddle Space Hobo

I did because I’m a fool- I’ll check the Saveback up folder - I definitely have it I’ve seen it before. I’ll give the bfav update a good look, though i’d rather just take the modded animals out of my game altogether. I’ve only ever done super basic programming but I thought I’d be able to just get rid of the crow script - turns out I could not in fact do that!

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can install BFAV 3.0 for just the one day, sell the crow, sleep to save, and then close the game and uninstall it. No more crow, no more BFAV.

ajaxmiddle likes this.
                        • ajaxmiddle

ajaxmiddle Space Hobo

I got my save back! This worked perfectly, I just downloaded BFAV from nexus mods, put the crows back in and then sold them. Thank you!!!!!!