1.4 on the way according to the blog should be here 11-26-19 for pc!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ltfightr, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sounds like we are getting a lot of new things and some fixes! Looking forward to it.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

ConcernedApe did mention "i try", which was for the ports, but we know stuff can go bad or not as good as expected
      but hey, it's close :D i'm so hyped, haven't felt that since from 2005 to like 2011 in Guild Wars, which i actively played
      now it's SDV, which i love as much as i loved GW!!

i will wait for bug fixes, as CA will fix more when the players find them

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Suddenly got a hankering for playing the game again after hearing about the forthcoming 1.4 update. However, do you know if I would then be able to continue the save once 1.4 hits without issues, or would we have to start new saves in 1.4 to be able to enjoy the additions brought by the new version?

How has this worked in the past? Think last time I played the game was on version 1.1.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Typically, as long as you didn't use mods, reverse compatibility was pretty good, although the game catching up with you being qualified for a lot of new content that was put in might end up in spamming you with cutscenes and such.

The only thing that I can think of that might really change that would be if they reformatted or reorganized the tilesheets in the Content folder. And I don't believe that's going to happen.

• Pangaearocks

Thanks. Have reinstalled the game and started a new save and played a few days. Everything is kinda new, but I still love the fishing :)

Quickly installed SMAPI and the UI info suite, so I can see what seeds are where and when they will be fully grown. Hopefully such QoL will be added to the core game once 1.4 hits. I would think that mod shouldn't cause any problems as it doesn't add actual content, and it would be fine to just remove it before upgrading to 1.4.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well it's the 26th...

This is exciting, waiting, though I don't see any sort of official posts here on the official forums about it one way or the other.

• Phaerl

Phaerl Void-Bound Voyager

According to ConcernedApe's twitter it will be available at 10 AM PST...so about 40 minutes!!

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ahh. I see.

And when it is available, if it doesn't show up, try restarting Steam. I had to do that for one of the other updates to either this game, or Terraria, I forget which. I waited till like 5 minutes past and it still wasn't there, and the moment I restarted Steam, there it was.

Trying to get it ASAP so I can figure out if there are any new fish in the game, because that means my mod will need updating (otherwise it will crash the game if a new fish is hooked).

Phaerl likes this.
                  • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Welp, it's here!

I restarted steam and it downloaded immediately.

Fishing mod has been updated, 2 new fish were added.

Anhaga likes this.
                    • Pangaearocks

Dropped by GOG to check, and it's not there yet. Hopefully it won't be too long. There have been cases in the past where they are quite slow.

Look forward to playing 1.4, and hope it will be fine to continue the game I've got going.

Edit: Well holy mother, that's a lot of changes!! :eek:
                      https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-4-update-full-changelog/

Still not available for me, on GOG for Linux with the classic installers (don't want the Galaxy bloatware, it's why I chose GOG over Steam).

Update: It looks like the Linux version is missing, but the others have arrived. Bad news for us penguins :(

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
                      • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I downloaded the 1.4 almost exactly at 10 am pacific. I think I started at 12:01pm central and was done by 12:06pm central.

Then like a responsible adult I finished eating my lunch and went back to work without playing it at all.

I really hate myself right now. :) -But the good news is it is out there.

• Pangaearocks

Sheds can be upgraded to double their interior size

No more barn spamming perhaps?

Have been reading through the changelist since the Linux sadly isn't available on GOG yet, and I like a lot of the stuff in there. Very impressive.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, it was absurd that your best indoor solution was a deluxe barn, even if you had no intentions of placing animals inside.

• Pangaearocks

If any of the developers frequent this site, can you please smack GOG over the head (verbally) and tell them to get their foot out of their arse and upload the Linux 1.4 build? Everything else seems to be available, but not the Linux version. Which rather sucks for us penguins :(

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So many fun changes, yay! Although I'm a little sad mushroom farming doesn't work anymore.

And yes, I haven't had a chance to check but hopefully this will make shed a better storage option than barns, that was a little ridiculous.

• Pangaearocks

Still not able to play it, but I do hope it arrives before the next year. One thing I saw that will be very useful is the liked/etc gifts. I have had an amazing ability to give gifts that are hated or at least disliked. Four in a row now :D

(I know it's in the wiki, but I don't want to tab out and check everything. It's more fun to simply just play).

• Pangaearocks

Another day, and still don't have access to the 1.4 update. So frustrating :-(

Wish it was possible to buy this game directly from the developer. I would have done it just to bypass the extreme slugglish-ness of GOG's Linux releases, although I already own the game.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I'm also on Linux and purchased from Steam. No problems encountered.

Mind you, I approve of GoG's basic philosophy and principle, but Steam is usually better on actual distribution.

• Pangaearocks

Me too, which is why I chose GOG many years ago and still stick with them. They've changed significantly since then, and not for the better for the most part, and it's very frustrating to see them 'always' be late with Linux releases like this. If I happened to be playing another game, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But it's terrible when it happens to a patch/update you have long awaited, or when a game's initial release is delayed. But I don't like Steam's DRM and all that jazz, so then I'm stuck here between a rock and a hard place, not able to play the (version of the) game that I have purchased :(