Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssandra92

Alyssandra92 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I was redirected.

Anime portraits? Pretty please. It is hard to play with the defaults:

Portraits 1
    Portraits 2
    Portraits 3

These previously existed on SDV 1.3 as CP. Can we get an update to SDV 1.4 CP? I think the 1.3 file is unofficially floating around here somewhere.

• myosotis

myosotis Void-Bound Voyager

• VoidCrystal

VoidCrystal Master Chief

For some reason the CP of Missy shirts are not working for me, I'm just assuming because of the update.

pemeberly likes this.
      • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@VoidCrystal Yes, it's because of the update: there were signicant changes to farmer clothing this update, pants and shirts are now items along with hats and boots. It may be a bit before folks figure out CPing the new stuff.

• pemeberly

pemeberly Tentacle Wrangler

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this work with SVE? Do I need to do something with the WorldMap config?

• VoidCrystal

VoidCrystal Master Chief

Thanks for telling me!

• Chaos Reaper

Chaos Reaper Void-Bound Voyager

so that why the cp version of clothing mod don't work, well i don't mind waiting

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Starblue Valley should still be compatible as SVE is being updated like crazy. But NPC Map Locations is still not working as it's not updated yet.

Edit: NPC Map Locations for SVE have been updated but I don't have Starblue so I can't tell whether there are still any issues.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
                  pemeberly likes this.
                • Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would this be the place to request an update for Anthro Farmers Continued?

• Chaos Reaper

okay this is annoying. for some reason smapi is saying that my Wear more rings need to be updated but i have downloaded the latest version of it. the version i have is for SMAPI 3.0.0 with Stardew Valley 1.4.0 but smapi is saying it is not up to date

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Json Assets actually picked up support for custom clothing with the update! Coii's stuff (and a host of others) were converted by PPJA, just waiting on permissions or the OPs to accept the updates we sent out :D

• minervamaga

It just got another update minutes ago. That one also belongs on the 1.4 thread, not the CP one!

• Chaos Reaper

can anyone combine only the hairstyle from the Dangan Ronpa Hair and Shirts mod, only the hairstyle from the Sailor Moon Hairstyles Shirts and Outfits mod, Eemie's Cute Long Hairstyles mod and Yuriyuri's Hairstyles mod into a single cp version? i saw this post on Yuriyuri's Hairstyles mod ~the game doesn't like having multiple content patches trying to access the same file~, assuming that have not changed. a single cp version should fix the whole content patch trying to access the same file since it would only be a single content patch trying to access the file.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
                          • Wingyl

Multiple content patches can access the same file if they are polite about it and there is only one using the LOAD method.

• minervamaga

You need to have permission from the authors to combine their work into a single pack. You could try it yourself, using the guide here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Editing_XNB_files to edit the files and Content Patcher to load in the image!

EDIT: Yes, different mods can patch the same file, but for hairstyles they would all be overwriting each other. Not what we want here :rofl:

• Chaos Reaper

a single combined cp version would solve the overwriting each other problem, that for sure

daylightstanding likes this.
                                • Rhyagelle

Rhyagelle Space Spelunker

I was actually going to pop in here and ask the same thing about the same mod being updated to 1.4, but then I saw this. What exactly is Json Assets?

• Wingyl

It's a mod that lets you add custom objects to the game easily and it's good and the content packs are so good.

• Wingyl

• hatmouse

hatmouse Phantasmal Quasar

It works fine with SVE. It doesn't include an SVE specific world-map, but neither does SVE any longer. Once NPC Map Locations is working again, Starblue will disable its own world map in favor of that mod's if you install it.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.